You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest

My sure signal users are not getting any signal

I have managed to add users to my sure signal account and it shows them when i check and manage my users on my account however about 4 of them have not see any change in their signal strength. They still have no signal at all. Should they have received an email when i added them to sure signal as they did not eecieve anything? I am unsure if their number needs activating or something. I hope someone can help me, Thank you 

Message 1 of 17 (4,949 Views)

Re: My sure signal users are not getting any signal

just to correct my post above i meant should they not have received a text I put email by mistake, sorry :-)

Message 2 of 17 (4,947 Views)
Matt
Topics: 5,735
Solutions: 5,353

Hi

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks

Matt

eForum Team

Message 3 of 17 (4,932 Views)
Simon
Topics: 709
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 716

Hi AlMetz

Thanks for your post. The added users should receive a text to conform that they've been added to your Sure Signal. Just to double check, are the new users showing on the Sure Signal dashboard on My Account? It may be that the users names and numbers have been added to the boxes but 'submit' was not pressed and therefore the users aren't added to your Sure Signal.

If they have been added correctly, are you the owner of the Sure Signal or do you just have admin rights?

Thanks

Simon

Message 4 of 17 (4,918 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and i can confirm that i have looked at the troubleshooting section, and i apologies if my problem is on there but i could not find anything that resolved my problem. You see i CAN add users its just that they are not getting any signal from the suresignal when they are within range ( not even if they stand next to it) The only people benefitting are me (owner) and the first two names on my user list. The other 6 have been added as users but do not see any difference in their signal at all when they are in range. Please advise where i am going wrong

Thank you

Message 5 of 17 (4,911 Views)

Hello Simon

Yes the users are showing in 'my account' i do know that these users did not get any text when i added them. i have just now gone into each one, pressed edit then without actually changing anything just clicked confirm so that it may resubmit them but it seems nothing has happened. Any more ideas of what i can do to actually submit these users, could i try deleting them and adding them again ??

Alison

Message 6 of 17 (4,910 Views)

Simon,

p.s  I own the sure signal box

Hope you can help me

Alison 

Message 7 of 17 (4,909 Views)
Moderator (Retired) Lee
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there AlMetz,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Could you provide me with the VSS serial number?

Cheers,

Lee

Message 8 of 17 (4,884 Views)

Hello lee,
The CSS is 40114279652 hope this helps
Look forward to hearing from you
Alison
Message 9 of 17 (4,867 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

Hi Alison. I hope your new Sure Signal users don't have HTC One X phones. They just don't work with the SS box. See the merged thread on this forum for more info.
Message 10 of 17 (4,846 Views)

Hey thanks for the information, users have iPhones and blackberrys if that's any help in sorting my problem :-) look forward to hearing back from the team with their ideas. Alison
Message 11 of 17 (4,830 Views)
Moderator (Retired) Lee
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there AlMetz,

Thanks for your reply with the VSS serial number.

I've checked the Sure Signal and can see there are a number of users registered.

One of your previous replies asked whether deleting and re-adding the users may help. It's definitely worth a shot.

I've forced a resync of the VSS. Please could you factory reset it before removing and re-adding the users?

VSS Factory Reset

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

Cheers,

Lee

Message 12 of 17 (4,789 Views)

Hi lee, THanks for replying, I've done everything you've said (although sure signal lights didn't actually flash when I held in the reset button, they just flicked on and off about every 20seconds) I then deleted users and re added them. Two of the users got texts saying I had removed then added them and that they would be above to use the sure signal (the others were not with me so I can't confirm them) However, on receipt of text their signal strength remained at its lowest, and didnt boost, it even lost signal entirely in some spots and that was 3 paces away from box. Both these phones are blackberrys, is the ss compatable with blackberrys?
I'm losing hope :-s
Alison
Message 13 of 17 (4,711 Views)
DaveCD
Topics: 74
Solutions: 87

Hi AlMetz

Please can you confirm which model of BlackBerry is being used?

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 14 of 17 (4,671 Views)

Hello Dave,
One iS a blackberry curve 8520 and one is a blackberry curve 8310, also i confirm that neither phones are paying the £5.00 blackberry subscription to access bbm but I don't think that will make any difference.
Look forward to hearing from you
Alison
Message 15 of 17 (4,656 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi AIMetz,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Unfortunately the two BlackBerry handsets that you have won’t work with the Sure Signal as they don’t have a 3G chip in them and are 2G only handsets.

As the Sure Signal will only provide a 3G signal it does mean that you won’t be able to use either of these handsets with the Sure Signal.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 16 of 17 (4,615 Views)

Hi James
Ahhh I guess that solves my problem then, time to change phones :-) Thanks for all your help
Best regards
Alison
Message 17 of 17 (4,590 Views)