Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My suresignal has stopped working

steves121
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My suresignal has stopped working - green power light and green plus flashing orange light for Ethernet all work but nothing else. I have read other threads and have tried factory reset to no avail. My suresignal has worked fine upto now,could this be down to a update? It is less than a year old so can I return it to the vodaphone shop. Help please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

switched on this afternoon and now working thankyou!

View solution in original position

19 REPLIES 19

I tried several resets in accordance with your instructions but I still have only the power light and no 3G connection. 

So I bought a HomeHub 4 (£40 thanks!) in accordance with the suggestion from James (24-10-2013 03:05 PM - edited ‎25-10-2013 12:39 PM) and it has not changed the situation at all.  I have tried multiple full resets but I still only have a power light and no 3G connection.  

I have two friends in the village who have SureSignal so I will try my device on their networks.  

Hi GrahamCresswell, 

Let us know when you've tried it at a different location.

Just to let you know it can take up to 6 hours to configure when it's first set up. 

Thanks, 

Kay

I have now tried my SureSignal connected to a D-Link router in a friend's house.  The rear green and amber lights started immediately.  After a few minutes it flashed the front lights 1, 2 and 4.  Then it reverted to just light 1. Later it flashed the front lights 1,2 & 3.  At no point did it provide 3G service.  We left it connected for 14 hours without obtaining 3G service.  Both my phone and my friend's phone are registered to his SureSignal account and to mine.  

I have also tried it again with my old HomeHub 2.0.  The rear green and ambler lights started immediately. Then it gave front lights 1 & 2 steady but still no 3G service.  

What next?

Hi GrahamCresswell,

If the Sure Signal is unable to connect at your friend’s house as well, it sounds like the unit may be faulty.

We can certainly send it for repair but, as it’s out of warranty, the repair would cost £65.

The alternative would be to buy a new one for £100.

Thanks,

Andrew

If I buy a new SureSignal v3 (£100), can I use my Home Hub 3 and return the Home Hub 4 for which I've just paid £40 or do I need Home Hub 4 as well?  If your Sure Signal doesn't work with the most commonly used router in the UK, doesn't that mean that it is clearly "not of merchantable" quality under the terms of the Sale of Goods Act.  

Hi GrahamCresswell

The V3 does work with BT Home Hub 4 so you should not need to return this.

Thanks

Sukhi

But does it work with Home Hub 3?

Hi GrahamCresswell,

It should work but we’ve identified and are working on an issue with BT around the Home Hub 3.

We know that the Home Hub 4 works, but not everyone with the Home Hub 3 is having success.

James

OK.  So it is going to cost me £140 to allow me to use your service in my house.  You must recognise that I am tied to Vodafone ONLY because it's the only operator that provides a femtocell.  Without it, I might as well switch to Orange or 3.  What kind of a deal can you offer me to stay with you?

Hi GrahamCresswell,

What phones are you interested in?

The deals for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy’s S3 and S4 are fixed and can’t be changed.

If you’re interested in any other phone, we can certainly look into your options.

You can see how to get in touch here.

Cheers,

Andrew