Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My worse than awful sure signal experience, someone please help

markhowler
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I Live in a relatively poor Vodafone signal area. A few years ago I bought a sure signal, all worked fine, but because I changed internet providers and changed my router, I decided not to reconnect the sure signal.
A new large house has just been built opposite me which has meant the signal in my house is so poor I now need to use my sure signal, which I paid 50 pounds for.
I connected up the sure signal, nothing worked... Called Vodafone support who told me the sure signal had been suspended
Support un suspended it and after 6 hours all worked perfectly
That evening I received an automated e mail stating my service had been suspended... Why?
I call Vodafone again and they re enable my service, and 6 hours later it all works again
Again, another email from Vodafone overnight stating my service has been barred. Maddening
I call Vodafone again. Apparently my sure signal has been barred "at the network level". Ok, please could you unbar it then as there's nothing wrong with the box as I've proved it works over the last few days. Sorry sure you'll have to buy a new one for 100 pounds. No amount of explaining on my side would sway the argument that I've paid for a working box, it works, but I can't use it because Vodafone have barred me.
So, I then order one for 100 pounds online thinking this might solve my problems
Receive confirmation of my order by email.
I then receive an email, with no explanation as to why, that my order has been cancelled. Haven't rung customer services at this time to find out why, probably because they have a sure signal already at my address.
So I decide to drive, and pay for parking, into cambridge store to buy a sure signal. Not only do they have no stock, they can't tell me when they will have stock, and can't tell me why my order was cancelled, "because they have different systems"
Vodafone you have wasted hours of my time, petrol, parking, when I have a perfectly working sure signal. Please do something to help. Quite frankly your service for someone who pays nearly 3000gbp per year with you is appalling
I will update this post when I find out what spurious reason my sure signal online order was cancelled....
16 REPLIES 16

I certainly wouldn't recommend Vodafone to anyone. The only reasons to even consider Vodafone are a) if they have signal somewhere you need it and nobody else does, and b) if you have no signal and can use a Sure Signal. Where I live signal is patchy. I used to be on EE and it would either be no signal or full signal with H+ data. With Vodafone I have signal more places, but it's one or two bars and GSM data for maybe 30 miles around my house. Data is generally worse on Vodafone than I'm used to from EE, and to be honest I preferred how things were with them. If I can't get a Sure Signal there is zero reason for me to continue to be with Vodafone and I will cancel my account.

Hi guys,

@gbenson23 – I’m sorry this has been the experience you’ve had.

As soon as stock becomes available you’ll be able to make the order here.

@markhowler – MattB is correct in what he is saying.

If you wish to discuss this further, get in touch with us here.

Cheers,

Laura

Eforum team

Yet again someone private messages me from Vodafone

Please dont bother, Ive already told you whats happened.

I have a working Sure Signal, youve barred it, you wont unbar it and you're forcing a 3K a year customer to purchase a new one for 100 pounds, when I already have a working one I paid 50 for.

Great customer service vodafone.

As I have said before for the sale of a Sure Signal which costs you probably a tenner and postage, you're going to lose a 3K a year customer

Surely someone with a business brain in Vodafone can see this is rather illogical.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @markhowler ,

I'm afraid it would be unfair to enforce the Ts&Cs on one customer and not another.

The offer to contact my team using the instructions Laura that has sent stands should you change your mind in future.

Thanks,

Ben

I'm unsure what you mean
One of your team has already asked me to click on a link and put the code on the subject of the email and nothing came of it.

Hi  @markhowler 

If you've contacted us via the link we gave, what's the reference from the auto reply email (it looks like #8123456)?

Thanks,

Matt

I have responded to LAura's request.

Let's see what happens now!