Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My worse than awful sure signal experience, someone please help

markhowler
2: Seeker
I Live in a relatively poor Vodafone signal area. A few years ago I bought a sure signal, all worked fine, but because I changed internet providers and changed my router, I decided not to reconnect the sure signal.
A new large house has just been built opposite me which has meant the signal in my house is so poor I now need to use my sure signal, which I paid 50 pounds for.
I connected up the sure signal, nothing worked... Called Vodafone support who told me the sure signal had been suspended
Support un suspended it and after 6 hours all worked perfectly
That evening I received an automated e mail stating my service had been suspended... Why?
I call Vodafone again and they re enable my service, and 6 hours later it all works again
Again, another email from Vodafone overnight stating my service has been barred. Maddening
I call Vodafone again. Apparently my sure signal has been barred "at the network level". Ok, please could you unbar it then as there's nothing wrong with the box as I've proved it works over the last few days. Sorry sure you'll have to buy a new one for 100 pounds. No amount of explaining on my side would sway the argument that I've paid for a working box, it works, but I can't use it because Vodafone have barred me.
So, I then order one for 100 pounds online thinking this might solve my problems
Receive confirmation of my order by email.
I then receive an email, with no explanation as to why, that my order has been cancelled. Haven't rung customer services at this time to find out why, probably because they have a sure signal already at my address.
So I decide to drive, and pay for parking, into cambridge store to buy a sure signal. Not only do they have no stock, they can't tell me when they will have stock, and can't tell me why my order was cancelled, "because they have different systems"
Vodafone you have wasted hours of my time, petrol, parking, when I have a perfectly working sure signal. Please do something to help. Quite frankly your service for someone who pays nearly 3000gbp per year with you is appalling
I will update this post when I find out what spurious reason my sure signal online order was cancelled....
16 REPLIES 16

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @markhowler,

I’m sorry to hear of this experience you’ve had.

So we can check your account, please get in touch here.

Thanks,

Gemma

So, Gemma, who cant be spoken to, has got in touch via messaging, thank you Gemma, hopefully we can resolve the issue

So I call customer services, apparently they have no record of me ordering a sure signal online, despite the fact I have two emails, one saying thank you for my order bla bla... and then another a day later saying my order had been cancelled.

customer services advise me to go back online and order one...

Next installment will hopefully be Gemma helping me to obtain a new sure signal without having to fork out for one... as after all I already have a working one, which vodafone keep barring.... meanwhile...still poor signal in house!

Come on Gemma, please make me a happy customer again!

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @markhowler

Please let us know your email reference number (sent to you in an automated reply) and we’ll check we’ve got it.

This will look like: [#8936621].

Thanks,

Jenny

Thanks Jenny

Saga continues, appreciate you may be trying your best

I filled in all the details on the link provided on the previous post and Ive heard nothing

reference was #8371500

Still no signal, still have a working sure signal thats been barred, still unhappy that you cant just send me one that isnt barred without me having to fork out for another one

Saga continues:

receive automated email last night...

Update to your Vodafone Sure Signal

Your Vodafone Sure Signal in postcode XXXXXX has been suspended due to Inactivity. Find out more at vodafone.co.uk/suresignal

Thanks again for being with Vodafone.

Team Vodafone

Well, no surprice there, Im not alolowed to use it because you've barred a poerfectly working SureSignal.

Receive email this morning from someone else: 

Thanks for your email here.

We can't reactivate the Sure Signal once it's suspended due to non-usage. Also, we can't offer the Sure Signal for free of charge however, if your old Sure Signal is not working even if it has been used within last one year, we can take a look.

Thanks,

Darshit Soni
Customer Service Agent (eForum)

Vodafone Limited
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No 1471587

This is madness.  Already told you the SureSignal works.  You're trying to make me buy a new one despite one working perfectly.  I tried to order a new one online.  You refused my order.  Ive already told you this.

Hi @markhowler,

Once a Sure Signal has been blocked we can't reactivate it.

Sure Signal's are currently out of stock, however we'll be receiving further stock shortly.

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi Matt,

I ordered a Sure Signal yesterday, and got the same cancellation email as Mark:

Due to a technical error your order has been cancelled. We apologise for this and any inconvenience it may cause you. For pay monthly customers please contact us on 03333040191 when you next get a chance so that we can place a new order for you.

I've spent over an hour being passed around different people after calling that number. Everybody tells me they can't see web orders. Everybody tells me Sure Signal orders can only be processed online or in store.  Nobody can check whether my local store has any Sure Signals in stock, and nobody can give me a number for my local store so I can ring them and ask myself.

This is because they're out of stock? So, what do I do? Keep ordering online until one of the orders doesn't get cancelled? This is ridiculous!

Vodafone, just so you know, this experience is the pits. I have a working sure signal I've paid for
You have barred it due to inactivity. You can't unbar it. You're making me pay 100 pounds for a new one. I try and buy a new one. You refuse my order. Can't get one in a store.
I'm afraid you're about to lose a customer spending 3000k a year with you. I'm amazed you're prepared to do that for the sake of sending me a new sure signal which probably costs you mush less than than the 100 you are trying to make me pay for it. Quite frankly unbelievable. I hope lots of people read this and decide to take their business elsewhere like I will the minute my contract is up.

markhowler
And would you mind sending me details of your complaints procedure.