Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Iphone 5s not connecting to Sure Signal

Nokk
4: Newbie
Hi

My wife has just upgraded her phone from a Iphone 4s to a 5s which involved a sim swap (micro to nano). The 4s worked perfectly with the sure signal but the 5s is not connecting. The Sure Signal is working fine as my phone is connected with a full signal.

I have deleted and re added my wifes number a few times but no change. Please can you advise

My sure signal number 40134921556

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Tom,

Your Sure Signal is still showing as deregistered.

You can register it through your My Vodafone.

We have a help video showing you the registration process; check it out here.

Hi Nokk,

Your Sure Signal hasn’t connected to our servers since 13 March.

If your wife changed her phone after this time, the new SIM details won’t have been picked up by the device.

A factory reset of the Sure Signal should pick up the changes.

To do this:-

• Find the button on the base of the unit next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around one hour

Cheers,

Andy

View solution in original position

23 REPLIES 23

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi Nokk,

The VSS probably just needs a resync to force the SIM change through (it can take a day or so by itself)

As you have posted the serial number here one of the team will be able to request this for you.
Sit tight they will be with you as soon as they can

Nabs

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Nokk,

As Nabs has stated a resync always helps when a SIM has been changed.

We've now submitted the resync of your Sure Signal. If you now perform a reset of your VSS, the new iPhone 5S should pick up signal.

You can perform a reset by following the steps below:

• Hold the reset button for 10 seconds to restore factory settings. This won’t affect the registered information on your online account, like numbers, location, etc. This can take between 20 minutes to 6 hours to complete.
  • Holding the reset for more than 15 seconds will switch off the device.

You’ll know the Sure Signal is working when the first light is solid red, the second and third solid white. The fourth light will be solid white when the Sure Signal is in use.

Thanks,

Matt B

TommyP999
2: Seeker
Hi Matt,
I have a sure signal v3 that is new and have left it plugged in for few days after registering it.
All first lights are as they should be nothing better with phones and still no 3G and poor signal from my iphone5.
Can you please try and help. Don't know what else to do. My serial number is 40123656916
Thanks
Tom

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

Tom - Welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

This Sure Signal is de-registered. Have you bought this second hand or was it brand new when you bought it? How have you previously registered it? 

Nokk - I can't see your Sure Signal connecting to our servers since 13 March even though we've synced it. Have any of the lights changed since the reset? We may need to do a firmware update depending o what you now see.

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben, the lights are the same after the reset and continues to work perfectly with my phone and others on my list of users. Its soley the wife's phone thats not working with the sure signal.

Thanks

Nokk
4: Newbie
Hi Matt

I performed the reset but my wifes phone is still not connecting. Is there anything else we can try?

Thanks

TommyP999
Hi Ben
Yes bought the sure signal 2nd hand but the seller has de registered it and then I registered it online - at least I thought I had.
What should I try next please?
Thanks Tom

Hi Tom,

Your Sure Signal is still showing as deregistered.

You can register it through your My Vodafone.

We have a help video showing you the registration process; check it out here.

Hi Nokk,

Your Sure Signal hasn’t connected to our servers since 13 March.

If your wife changed her phone after this time, the new SIM details won’t have been picked up by the device.

A factory reset of the Sure Signal should pick up the changes.

To do this:-

• Find the button on the base of the unit next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around one hour

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks. All working now.