Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Router Install & QOS

restech
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello Forum!

My apologies if this question has been posted and answered elsewhere on these forums.  I've searched and only found bits of the information I'm looking for.

As the title suggests, I have installed a new router with QOS capabilities to replace the old BT Homehub 2 with the hope of having some decent bandwith management.  I was hoping someone could advise firstly, if there are any steps I need to perform on the router and/or Sure Signal v1 just because it is connected to a different router now?  Is a reset or any reconfiguration required?

Secondly, I have found the following protocols and ports listed elsewhere that are required for QOS/bandwith management:

8          TCP      UDP

50         TCP      UDP

53         TCP      UDP

67                     UDP

68                     UDP

123                   UDP

500                   UDP

1723     TCP      UDP

4500                 UDP

33434 - 33445    UDP

Could someone advise if this list is complete please?

I have a broadband download speed of approx 6MB and upload speed of around 25KB/S.  Does anyone have any recommendations for how much download and upload bandwith I should reserve for the Sure Signal to work best?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

john32
13: Advanced Member

With regard to the QOS I would recommend starting with researching QOS and IPSEC VPN as this is protocol for the VOIP packets between the SS and Vodafone.

Some routers have some predefined rules to get you started.

Good luck with it

John

Good luck

John

Thanks for your reply John.  I appreciate the assistance.

I've now had the chance to look into it further and have put a configuration in place which I will be testing soon.