Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New SIM

phil_i_p
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have new Sim and my connection my sure signal has been lost. Wife's connection is fine. I cannot remove and re-add the number as the sure signal is registered to me. Is there any way I can reset without de-registering?

8 REPLIES 8

cliff_g
9: Established

Hi, Phil

How did you get your new SIM registered on the phone in the first place.  Did you have to go somewhere where there was a full mast signal?  Is your new SIM working if you're out and about and not dependant on the Suresignal?

We are just going through this and I think my wife (whose phone it is) will lose use of her old phone since VF can talk to it via the Suresignal, but will not be able to use her newone until it can contact a "full" mast.

Are you saying that even when the SIM is registered on a full mast network signal it still needs deregistering and reregistering on the Suresignal?

Cliff_g

Happy migrant to Three Mobile

May 2021 UPDATED SureSignal information including SureSignal Switch-Off and WiFi calling options

I've recenly had a couple of problems with Sure Signal not seeing the phone. Both times de registering and switching off for a couple of hours, then re registering has cured the problem. Certainly worth a try.

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@phil_i_p

You'll need to go through the process of deregistering your Sure Signal and registering it again to re-add your number. 

@cliff_g

You can register your SIM online, so you won't need to be near a mast when you do this.

Once it's been activated, deregister your Sure Signal and register it again. 

Hi Chazz,

I had a problem trying to sim swap online the new nano sim didn't have enough digits for the input. My local VF shop confirmed it isn't possible and badly explained.

Thanks, Chazz

I managed to get the new SIM activated OK, though it took another chat session.

It would appear to me that although you register a phone number when you add a phone to the Suresignal Users configuration, in fact the communication is to a specified SIM number; hence the reason why the SIM update system works even when the SIM doesn't have a phone number activated yet.

However, I did pick up that you had to delete and re-add the phone you were changing the SIM of.  Now, you have said deregister the Suresignal.  I have not dond this and it is all working - I only deleted the phone from and re-added the phone to my Suresignal.  Further, the Chat session guy never mentioned this although I did make it clear we were via a Suresignal

It occurs to me that (now Suresignals are available!) it would be a good idea to properly publish the procedure on the VF website, both for new SIMs (not previously registered number) and for a change of SIM where you want to keep the number.

Can I suggest you pass this on to whoever runs the main website?

Cliff_g

May 2021 UPDATED SureSignal information including SureSignal Switch-Off and WiFi calling options

I've just spotted (I think):

- if you want to change the SIM for the primary phone associated with a Suresignal, you have to deregister and re-register the Suresignal.

- if it's a secondary (added) phone you only have to delete and re-add the phone

?

Cliff_g

I'm going to attempt to write up the procedure for anyone needing to activate a new SIM via a Suresignal.  Beware - these are written by a user and may not be totally correct!

New SIM, number not previously registered on the Suresignal (and not the primary phone)

1. Note the SIM number then put the SIM in the phone and turn it on

2. Activate the SIM by any suitable method:

3. Once you know your phone number, get into your Suresignal control panel and add it.

4.  Wait for the phone to be activated - the Vodafone system will communicate with the SIM using the SIM number

5.  Should now work  [delay?]

Change of SIM

(i.e. where your old SIM doesn't simply go into the new phone - e.g. a new phone with a different sized SIM but looking to keep the same phone number)

1. Ensure the old phone is switched on (it is assumed it is still registered on the Suresignal config page or it is the primary phone associated with the Suresignal)

2.  Note the SIM number then activate the new SIM (procedure same as bulleted lines above)

3.  Wait for old phone to be de-registered; can now turn it off

4.  Go to the Suresignal Registration/User config page

• For a secondary phone on the Suresignal, delete that phone, then re-add it (no need to reboot the Suresignal).  This deletes the old SIM/Phone number relationship and then adds the phone back ready to receive the new SIM/Phone number relationship
  • For the primary phone associated with the Suresignal, deregister the Suresignal itself on the Config page then re-register it (no need to reboot the suresignal).  Again, this allows the SIM/Phone no. relationship to be updated into the Suresignal

5. Put the new SIM in the new phone and turn it on

6. Wait for the phone to be activated - the Vodafone system will communicate with the SIM using the SIM number

7.  Should now work [delay?]

Note re. PAYG SIM activation - the method of phoning 17298 does not work via a Suresignal   [I think]

If anyone can improve on these, please do, until such time as VF put the full instructions up

Cliff_g

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@cliff_g

We'll pass on your feedback with regards to making the SIM activation process clearer on the website.

Can you confirm you've got everything working now?