Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New SS - plugged it in but nothing happening

radian_dparker
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just wondering how long the Sure Signal needs to configure itself? I have plugged it in to my Netgear N900 router, it has an IP address and is pingable. However all it has on the device is a red light. There are no other lights at all (even after powering it off and back on again).

Traceroute looks like this:

Is it normal for the SS to take up to an hour to do anything?Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi radian_dparker,

It can take up to 6 hours for the Sure Signal to set up.

During the process, you’ll see a solid power light and a flashing internet light.

If after the 6 hours, you’re still seeing the same lights and unable to connect to the Sure Signal, we’ll need the information Lee has asked for in his post to be able to investigate for you.

Thanks

Andrew

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:
Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

LeeH

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi radian_dparker,

It can take up to 6 hours for the Sure Signal to set up.

During the process, you’ll see a solid power light and a flashing internet light.

If after the 6 hours, you’re still seeing the same lights and unable to connect to the Sure Signal, we’ll need the information Lee has asked for in his post to be able to investigate for you.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi,

Having checked it today - everything is now working! Indeed it does seem it needs quite a while for it to auto configure!

Hi

I am having the same problem. The SS has been in the 'connecting' mode (Solid red light and flashing internet light) for the last 8 hours. 

The first time, the set up completed successfully within an hour. 

Ravinder

Hi Ravinderahl,

The light sequence you’re seeing show that the Sure Signal is currently being configured. It can take up to 6 hours to complete.

Has the light now stopped flashing and are you able to make calls?

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Thanks. I had a 'chat' with the support team who sorted me out. I think they tweaked something from their end. All working now.

Ravinder

Hi Ravinderahl,

That’s great news, thanks for the update. It’s great to hear that you’re Sure Signal is now up and running.

Thanks,

Andrew

If you have the time, would you be able to complete a short feedback survey for me? You can find it here and it’ll go to ensuring I’m offering the best service I can.