Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New SS3 user.

loftysaltmarsh
11: Established
11: Established

Hi there,

I'm a new user with an SS3. I've been told it is only to be used for calls and texts by the Vodafone salesman.  However if I switch my data on it seems to work. Does using mobile data through the SS3 still use up my 2gig data allowance as normal?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
Yes it does come out of your allowance. The sure signal gives a 3G signal for voice, texts and data.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

GojuSuzi
16: Advanced member
Think the logic here is that with the sure signal requiring a router, usually you'd have an available WiFi connection for data (which wouldn't use up your allowance). But yeah, no issues with mobile data traffic through the SS if you prefer it to WiFi.

jeffkinn
Not all routers have Wi-Fi by a long way, especially cable routers.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thank you all for your replies.

Yes I will be using my home wifi for accessing the internet, it's just that the salesman said it wasn't for mobile data.....but it seemed to work. 

I assume if I use mobile data through the SS3 it'll be deducted from my 2gig data allowance and not my 500mb Vodafone wifi allowance?

GojuSuzi
Spot on. I actually sometimes use my mobile data through the SS3 rather than WiFi while at home myself because on some sites it just seems to load smoother (no logic to it since they both run through the same system, but whatever works!), so 100% it comes off the data allowance and works fine.

jeffkinn
Remember that the wifi allowance refers to BT hotspots and not your home wifi. You can use as much of that as you like as far as Vodafone is concerned.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Thanks for your help everyone.

It gets very hot doesn't it.