Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Sure Signal 3

byung621
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I bought it today, then I've tried to connect. But, I cannot.

When I turn on power, Internet LED is flashing.

then after few minutes, Power LED is flashing while Service and User LED turn on as orange color.

it repeat 3 times, then Internet  LED is flashing forever.....

Can anybody figure it out?

serial : 40123660264

download: 44.68Mbps
upload: 9.47Mbps
ping: 20ms

IP Address is: 93.186.151.186

cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177](으)로 가는 경로 추적:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  zyxel.com [192.168.1.254]
  2    14 ms     4 ms     8 ms  93.186.148.1-ifnl.net [93.186.148.1]
  3     8 ms     9 ms     8 ms  ge-2-0-0-xcr1.lsw.cw.net [194.112.69.129
  4     8 ms     9 ms     9 ms  xe-0-2-1-xcr1.lnt.cw.net [195.2.30.90]
  5    31 ms    31 ms    27 ms  vodafone-gw1.cw.net [195.59.77.26]
  6    62 ms    44 ms    33 ms  85.205.116.10
  7     *        *        *    

26 REPLIES 26

FelixDaHousecat
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

when did you register it?

fdh

has the vss come to life yet mate?

fdh

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi byung621,

Thanks here go to FDH as he’s asked the questions that I would have done. Has your Sure Signal come online now and it working correctly for you? If you do have any further questions, you know where we are.

Thanks

Andrew

I've also just purchased a sure signal 3 and like the other user can't get it to work. Power light flashes and the service light is amber. I have the required upload and download speeds. I'm using a Netgear N3000 wireless ADSL2+ DGN2200vs router and also ZoneAlarm. I've added it to the router as an attached device and now also turned off attached devices. I've added it's IP address and range (assuming I have the right ones). But I can't ping it or do anything with it. I've reset it heaven knows how many times.

I've stayed with vodafone because I was assured that this would solve my home signal issue. I'm now £50 lighter and still in the same boat!!!!! - NOT HAPPY 

Hi guys,

I assume the error codes are similar to the error codes of the last version, which means:

@byung: In this case your VSS is not "activated" yet. Just check if you have registered it properly (you should receive a mail) and if you were using the correct post code. It will start updating itself then, which could take a while (the guide says up to 1 hour, but it depends on your DSL line) - better leave it in a whole night if you want to be sure. Mine took 3 hours, because my DSL can be quite slow sometimes...

@MrBones: Yours says it can't connect to the router. The device uses DHCP, so maybe (just for testing) deactivate the firewall settings for IP address/range and just give it a try?

Thanks for all advices.
I got all connection after few hours.
I confused because the manual said it will take about 10min to a hour.
Anyway, you guys need to have some patient, and then take another action!!

Thanks all,

I just got mine and went through the same light sequence.  It took about an hour maybe 90 min to connect

Regards

RDC

Galaxy S3, Blackberry Bold & Vodafone Sure Signal since Aug 09

Thanks for the reply.

I assume you are talking about the routers firewall which isn't enabled and I wouldn't know how to disable it for DHCP. I wouldn't have thought that the PC's firewalls would effect it. But to test I diabled the windows firewall and Zonealarms firewall.

Does the sure signal 3 have an IP range that needs access?

I did disable the router as the DHCP server and the lights changed from flashing red with the users icon steady rather than the service icon and when pinging it I got "destination host unreachable" rather than "timed out". But I put it back to the router being DHCP server (seemed to be the default).

Don't know if any of this helps?

Thanks for the help - more than I'm getting by phone!

MrBones.

allegoricus
13: Advanced Member

Hi Mr Bones,

Windows Firewall and Zone Alarm are firewalls on your PC, and don't affect the Sure Signal.

If you disabled the router's DHCP server, what's now doing duty on your network as the DHCP server? If the answer is nothing, then the Sure sIgnal has nowhere to get an IP address from (it can only acquire an address via DHCP).

Bear in mind that it can take several hours for a Sure Signal device to establish connection with the Vodafone systems and become active. It follows that, if you make any changes to the Sure Signal (e.g. resetting the box) several hours must elapse before you can be sure whether the change has resulted in a successful connection (or not).

Peter