Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Sure Signal Problem

nettiebrowne
2: Seeker

I am just about to chuck my Sure Signal out of the window!!

I've had the new version (plug in type) for 3 weeks and it was working perfectly until a couple of days ago. Spoke to a Vodafone help techi yesterday who gave me such a complicated list of instructions to rectify the problem which didn't work and left me reaching for the Gin bottle!!

The Sure (or clearly not so Sure) Signal is displaying a vertical red flashing light on the right and a constant amber phone icon in brackets on the left.

I've tried pressing the reset button but to no avail. Should I just move house or can anyone help??

14 REPLIES 14

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Annette,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We’re unable to replace the Sure Signal until we’ve exhausted all of the above troubleshooting steps, as the likelihood is that the device is working fine.

Another step to try would be test this on another connection.

If you’re having difficulties with the above, you can contact your ISP who can talk you through the steps applicable to your configuration.

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi Jenny

SORTED!

Replaced the ethernet cable and all now fine!

Thanks for your help.

Annette

leehouse

We have two sure signals,including one brand new #100 jobbie and we are experiencing TERRIBLE service over the last few days!!

One moment we have signal and then it has disappeared etc etc.

Now we have a constant NO signal so not very happy at all.

I was assured that all the unreliability issues we suffered previously were due to the older version of the unit but the new one seems to be just as bad? Commiserations!

I was also very frustrated but the technical team were very helpful and my issues are now sorted. Suggest you post as a new issue rather than following this thread and someone will pick this up and guide you through the process to rectify the problem. Incidently - have you tried re setting the VSS? Button on the top. Annette

Hi leehouse,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query please post your reply either below or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested including the following information:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Paul