Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Sure Signal Problem

amcclafferty
3: Seeker
I have a new sure signal, I followed the instructions which said it would take 30-60 mins to begin working. 24 hours later it's still not working. The red might is solid, and the round symbol with arrow through it is white and slowly flashing on and off, no other lights are on. I've turned it off and on and tried it in different sockets on the wall and on the router. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello.

Please take a look through these Sure Signal Trouble Shooting threads :

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/23917...

as these may help to resolve issues. They have links to the key things you can do to try and self resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Sure signal FAQs.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

amcclafferty
Hi BandOfBrothers,

Still no luck, I've checked the Vodafone website and it still has me as 'pending active', it was Monday evening I set this up, so unsure why it's still pending active? Any ideas?

Thanks

Ant

I got my sure signal box the other day, attached it to my router and should of taken between '30-60 seconds' to establish the connection, but no luck!
i logged into my account to make sure I activated it right, then tried the turn it off & on trick, then the reset button but still no connection! 

I plugged it in and went for a walk with my family, after several hours I got home & it was working!!

I have now now moved it several times & it takes 30-60 seconds to connect!

If it is the same problem I had .... establishing a first connection is VERY slow.

Hope me this is of help.

good luck.

Retired-Charles
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@amcclafferty Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

• Your speed test results from here.

• Your ping test results from here.

• Your external IP address from here.

• The results of a traceroute.

• Your Sure Signal serial number: 

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

1. Click on Start and select Run

2. Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

3. A black box will appear.

4. In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

5. Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

amcclafferty
All fixed now guys, thanks for everyone's replies!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@amcclafferty Great news :Smiling:

Thanks for letting us know!