Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Sure Signal, no lights, not picked up by router

TerryDealer
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've been reading here and found a similar problem and have gathered as much information as I can. We are trying to set up a new Sure Signal V3.  When we first plugged it in yesterday the power light did come on, solid. It is registered with Vodafone. After 2 hours nothing more happened, and we began to play around. It is now the only thing plugged into the outlet and the router cable is flashing.  But there are no other lights, despite holding the reset for up to 30 sec, resetting the router ,plugging and uplugging everything.  I have looked on the router setup and it hasn't picked it up for an IP address. I did up the MTU to 1500.

Here is the Traceroute

Sure Signal 5 Jan Traceroute.JPG

Speed test (per your link):  

ping 45

download .71

upload .38

(yes, we are very slow all of a sudden, and I will take that up with Plusnet today)

Ping test didn't work. It said I had Java issues, but the link was a bit overwhelming and I didn't know what to update with Java.

External IP  87.115.37.225

Sure Signal 40123674653

We would appreicate any help.

Terry and Aimee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just to follow up....we were unable to get the Sure Signal to do anything and contacted Vodafone. They had us return it and today we received a new one. It's setting up now.  Thank you for your help!

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi TerryDealer

Thanks for your post.

Your traceroute is fine and your IP is white listed.

It does appear to be down to your line speed, as .71mbps is too slow to hold a stable connection and resgister the Sure Signal on the network.

I’d try it again once you’ve spoken to Plusnet and your line speed increases to above 1.3mbps download.

Thanks

Simon

Excellent!  Thank you. I will report back. We are having the line checked tomorrow.

Just to follow up....we were unable to get the Sure Signal to do anything and contacted Vodafone. They had us return it and today we received a new one. It's setting up now.  Thank you for your help!