Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Sure Signal showing old address

pauldodd123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I just purchased a Sure Signal.   I phoned up to get it set up as the Sure Signal set up kept coming up with error messages on the web (i.e. I can't access the set up page).   All is working fine!  My phone has now got signal and 3G, all lights are on and I can make calls.  Overall very happy.  However when I look at my location on a map it shows as my old address.  Would you be able to chnage over to my new address.

Thank you

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there,

I just checked and it's now showing my new address - so that problem is fixed.  It is 120 miles from the old one, so looks like something somewhere fixed it.  

For the internet login to surestart, I also tried that just now and it works also!.  So either there was a problem for everyone, or it just needed some time to sort out I guess.

So right now - everythings perfect.  New house, and now a vodafone signal and 3G.  So happy.

Thank you

Paul

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pauldodd123,

We can try a resync, but using data via the Sure Signal won't guarantee an accurate location reading.

Cellsites have specific IDs which are used to triangulate a location. The Sure Signal doesn't have this ID so it picks up from the servers. These may not be local to you, hence the older reading.

Pop us the Sure Signal serial number and we'll give it a go.

We can also look to sort out the online account issues you're having. What happens when you try to log in and where does it fall down? What error message do you see?

Dave

Hi there,

I just checked and it's now showing my new address - so that problem is fixed.  It is 120 miles from the old one, so looks like something somewhere fixed it.  

For the internet login to surestart, I also tried that just now and it works also!.  So either there was a problem for everyone, or it just needed some time to sort out I guess.

So right now - everythings perfect.  New house, and now a vodafone signal and 3G.  So happy.

Thank you

Paul