Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Sure Signal v3 on Virgin Media SuperHub

mattjenx
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have spent the last 6 hours trying to get the Sure Signal v3 working -- the guy in the shop said I'd have it working within the hour.... and I'm not completely untechie!

I've had various issues, but the advice I was given from Voda was to:-

1) Port Forward ports 50 (TCP) and 8, 123, 500, 1400 (UDP)

2) Reserve IP on my VM SuperHub for the Sure Signal

3) Tick IP Sec Passthrough under the firewall settings on my VM Superhub.

However, after a gazillion restarts of my router and Voda Sure Signal, I just got a flashing red power light and solid amber Service and Users lights.

The Vodafone Sure Signal is registered online also.

Occassionally aftger some restarts it will go to flashing red power light and solid internet light.  

So, I've now tested it by temporarily turning off my firewall (clearly not a long term fix) and its still not working -- it's basically solid red powerr light and pulsing white internet light.  However, it's been doing this for hours now and still clearly not working and frankly, even if it did pick up a connection, it doesn't really help as I need my firewall on!  Just trying to work through the problem!

Can any one offer any advice please?

2 REPLIES 2

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

1400 seems a strange port, are you sure it was not 4500?

Could you post your external IP address so the team can check it is in the 'allowed to connect to the system' list

I don't think it will do much good, but could you also try putting the IP of the suresignal into the DMZ, and then doing a full reset (press and hold reset for the following... 20 seconds, unplug, wait 20 seconds, plug back in wait 20 seconds, release reset)

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mattjenx,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.
Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Andrew