Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New iphone 5 not working with Sure Signal

imillard
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My phone has been upgraded to an iphone 5 with a new SIM.  That happened yesterday afternoon.  After reading these forums I have tried a full reset of the sure signal and also removed and replaced the micro sim.   I'm still unable to use the sure signal and so I have no mobile coverage.  My sure signal serial number is 40110918030

I can't change sure signal owner because I do not have another VF account holder to transfer it to.

thanks

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello imillard,

Thanks for your post.

A SIM change can take anything between 2 hours and 24 hours to be registered on the network.

I've forced the requested resync for you. Please factory reset the device to complete the process.

Cheers,

LeeH

View solution in original position

25 REPLIES 25

allegoricus
13: Advanced Member

Your issue is probably nothing more than that your phone has a new sim. Even though your phone number may be unchanged, the new sim needs time to update its association with the phone number (which is really just an alias).

I believe this can take up to a day.

Peter

Thanks.  I realise that needs to be done, but I understood that only takes a few hours (I saw 2 hours somewhere).  I have read that the server needs to be re-sync'd and that is why I am posting.

Vodafone - can you please re-sync my sure signal

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello imillard,

Thanks for your post.

A SIM change can take anything between 2 hours and 24 hours to be registered on the network.

I've forced the requested resync for you. Please factory reset the device to complete the process.

Cheers,

LeeH

Lee

thanks.  I reset the SureSignal last night and by this morning it's working fine.

regards

Ian

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi imillard,

Thanks for the update. Fantastic news!

Would you mind filling out this short feedback form for me?

Cheers,

LeeH

Hi, same problem for me I think. New iPhone 5 on Monday and not hooking up to sure signal. SS serial is 

Would be grateful if you could force a synch and let me know so I can reset at this end.

Cheers

Hi CaptianVolvo, 

I've resynched your Sure SIgnal now, reset your unit and let me know how you get on :smileywink:

Paul 

I am having the same issue, I have a Vodafone Suresignal 9361 Home Cell and my iPhone 5 will not get the signal, I have reset the Suresignal and also taken the SIM card out of the iPhone and put back in.....What can I do, all the other phones in the house work fine on the suresignal!

Hi bowyerb

If you’ve had a new iPhone 5 it means you’ve had a SIM swap.

Sometimes this can cause a connection error. It’s a simple fix, just go the Sure Signal dashboard on My Vodafone and de-register your number.

Wait 24 hours and then re-add it on the same dashboard.

If this doesn’t work then please let me know.

Thanks

Simon