You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Accepted Solution

New phone not connecting to Sure Signal

Hi

Having recently upgraded my phone to an HTC One X it wont connect to my sure signal. I understand that there is a problem with the One X connecting to the sure signal already but i just want to check to see if there are any other underlying problems with my setup. I am on Virgin media 60Mb broadband using their Super Hub. The SS has a static IP address setup on the router and is in a DMZ so has full access to the web.

Here are my answers to the usual questions that seem to be asked:

Your Sure Signal serial number: 21222716868

Your speed test results: Download 51.14Mbps Upload 2.85Mbps (based on a test run on the server hosted by Vodafone UK in London)

Your ping test results: Ping 23ms Jitter 8ms

Your external IP address: 82.15.224.169

The results of a traceroute.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Steve>tracert 212.183.131.177

Tracing route to 212.183.131.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 62 ms 36 ms 14 ms cpc11-lanc7-2-0-gw.3-3.cable.virginmedia.com [82
.15.224.1]
2 53 ms 11 ms 11 ms brig-core-2a-ae4-2468.network.virginmedia.net [8
0.3.65.121]
3 16 ms 10 ms 13 ms glfd-bb-1a-ae6-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.10
5.159.153]
4 18 ms 10 ms 18 ms glfd-bb-1b-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.10
5.172.6]
5 15 ms 11 ms 20 ms glfd-tmr-1-ae5-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.10
5.159.46]
6 14 ms 23 ms 15 ms tcl5-ic-1-as0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.
185.78]
7 52 ms 13 ms 14 ms LNDGW2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
8 52 ms 39 ms 31 ms 85.205.116.2
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Other devices seems to be working with the SS correctly (iPad and iPhone amoung others).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 23 (16,477 Views)
Nabs
Topics: 246
Ideas: 9
Solutions: 454

Re: New phone not connecting to Sure Signal

Which handset did you have previously?

When you upgraded your phone did you swap an old SIM card for a new MicroSIM?

If so this could be where your problem comes from. The SureSignal users the unique serial number of your SIM to determine wether your phones allowed to connect or not. As this has changed it now thinks you phone is no londer allowed access. There are a few ways to fix this, they dont all work for everybody.

1. Wait - as frustrating as it can be waiting a day or so will usually solve this. It takes a short time for the change of SIM card to filter through the Vodafone systems and make it's way to your SureSignal.
    2. Re-Add your phone number - Some users have reported removing and adding the number to the Sure Signal fixes this. The problem you woulf have here is if the number is the main account, this canot be removed without de-registering the Sure Signal
    3. Call the Sure Signal Support Team - As mentioned in the help center article What should I do if I replace my SIM card but keep the same phone number? call the Sure Signal support team and let them know. They can then manually update the records on the Sure Signal system.

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 2 of 23 (16,473 Views)

I previously had a HTC Desire so yes i did switch from a normal sim to a new micro one and had to contact VF to activate it when the phone was delivered. I have had the phone for a couple of weeks now reset the SS with the hold the button down and unplug etc.many times.

Yes the SS is link to my account so I would have to deregister it. If I do that will it lose all the numbers I have setup to be able to connect to it?

Thanks

Message 3 of 23 (16,467 Views)

is there a phone number for the support team at all?

Message 4 of 23 (16,461 Views)
Nabs
Topics: 246
Ideas: 9
Solutions: 454

sbaker106 wrote:

Yes the SS is link to my account so I would have to deregister it. If I do that will it lose all the numbers I have setup to be able to connect to it?

That would be a massive pain in the...

There are a couple more suggestion in this thread that may work. If not post back here and one of the Tech Team will be able to take a closer look at the account for you.

Find this post useful? Give it the thumbs up below!

Message 5 of 23 (16,460 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sbaker106,

Everything you've posted looks OK, so the change of SIM is the most likely cause.

On the link Nabs posted, this is the section which is specific to this:

==========================================

Has Your SIM recently been replaced?

When a SIM change is performed it can take up to 2 hours for the Sure Signal system to recognise the change, during this period you won't be able to pick up any signal from the Sure Signal. If you still experience issues after this time then you'll need to remove the affected number from your Sure Signal and then add it back on, this can be done via My Account

If the affected number is the owner of the Sure Signal, you'll need to temporarily transfer the ownership to another number in order to remove/re-add the affected number. This can be done by clicking Change Owner on the Sure Signal Dashboard. The new owner will then need to login to their My Account profile and accept the ownership request, before removing and re-adding the number. Once this has been completed then the ownership can be transferred back to the original number.

==========================================

If you still have issues after trying this, please let us know.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 6 of 23 (16,408 Views)

Ok thanks Dave for confirming everything that I had posted looked ok.

I have recently downloaded the latest update for the One X (software version: 2.17.161.4) but that hasn't improved anything. I am therfore trying the change of ownership of the SS to remove and then add my number to see if that helps. I will post an update once I have had a chance to do this.

Message 7 of 23 (16,221 Views)

All now working after changing owners and removing/adding my number on the SS. Thanks for your help.
Message 8 of 23 (16,096 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sbaker106,

Thanks for the update here, I’m pleased to see that everything is now working for you.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 9 of 23 (15,821 Views)

I have a new sursignal 3. Only one phone of the 3 i have allowed to connect to it actually works. I have removed then re added the affected phone. Reset the SS etc. Any clues why only 1 of 3 works. All are voda contract sims

Message 10 of 23 (13,003 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi connectcctv,

How long did you allow after adding the phones as it can take up to 24 hours for the systems to update.

If you’re still having the issue, we can force a resync of your device, so can you post the serial number please.

Thanks

Andrew

Message 11 of 23 (12,867 Views)

Hi can you please re-sync my sure signal box as I have tried everything to get a new phone and sim working box no 

Thanks

Message 12 of 23 (12,713 Views)
Jenny
Topics: 554
Solutions: 618

Hi ratso,

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks,

Jenny

Message 13 of 23 (12,693 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

I have two phones through our business account and we have finally got one working and them both connected to a landline number.

However, only one of the phones will connect to the sure signal box which makes the other phone utterly useless. We have been calling Vodaphone for 5 weeks to try to get the problems sorted. We have reset, re-registered, changed settings, changed sims...each time being told it could take between 15mins and 24 hrs to work!

Could someone please tell me how to actually link this phone up so that we are able to finally use it. I have lost a lot of faith in Vodaphone as a company 

Message 14 of 23 (5,082 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ghec123,

So we can look at this for you, please can you let me know the Sure Signal serial number and what phones you are using with the Sure Signal?

James

Message 15 of 23 (5,045 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster

Hi James

The serial number is 40132749348 and it's a Lumia 620

Message 16 of 23 (5,041 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ghec123,

The registration looks OK. I've given it a resync to give it a quick kick, so can you give the Sure Signal a reset for me?

Are you also able to swap the SIMs between the phones? This will help to show if the problem is with the number or the specific phone.

Dave

Message 17 of 23 (5,001 Views)

Hi Tech Team

Just bought a Sure Signal today and registered it online with three phone numbers. The main phone number is on an Iphone 5S, the other two numbers are on an iPhone 4 and 4S. Both the iPhone4 and iPhone4S connects to the Sure Signal without a problem. The iPhone5S just won't connect. So far I have rebooted the SS and my router, place all phones in Flightmode for a few minutes and switched them back on one at a time but still the 5S will not register at all

Will a resynch from your end sort this out ? Serial number of the SS is 40133832127

Thanks

Tom

Message 18 of 23 (4,005 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Tom,

I’ve just resynced your Sure Signal for you.

So that the resync completes, can you do a factory reset for me:-

• Find the button on the base of the unit next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around one hour

Let me know how you go on.

Cheers,

Andrew

Message 19 of 23 (3,964 Views)

Thanks for this. I was wondering why the SS started flashing and going mad this morning. I have just reset it and will monitor it during the morning

Message 20 of 23 (3,960 Views)