Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New phone not connecting to Sure Signal

sbaker106
4: Newbie

Hi

Having recently upgraded my phone to an HTC One X it wont connect to my sure signal. I understand that there is a problem with the One X connecting to the sure signal already but i just want to check to see if there are any other underlying problems with my setup. I am on Virgin media 60Mb broadband using their Super Hub. The SS has a static IP address setup on the router and is in a DMZ so has full access to the web.

Here are my answers to the usual questions that seem to be asked:

Your Sure Signal serial number: 21222716868

Your speed test results: Download 51.14Mbps Upload 2.85Mbps (based on a test run on the server hosted by Vodafone UK in London)

Your ping test results: Ping 23ms Jitter 8ms

Your external IP address: 82.15.224.169

The results of a traceroute.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Steve>tracert 212.183.131.177

Tracing route to 212.183.131.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 62 ms 36 ms 14 ms cpc11-lanc7-2-0-gw.3-3.cable.virginmedia.com [82
.15.224.1]
2 53 ms 11 ms 11 ms brig-core-2a-ae4-2468.network.virginmedia.net [8
0.3.65.121]
3 16 ms 10 ms 13 ms glfd-bb-1a-ae6-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.10
5.159.153]
4 18 ms 10 ms 18 ms glfd-bb-1b-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.10
5.172.6]
5 15 ms 11 ms 20 ms glfd-tmr-1-ae5-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.10
5.159.46]
6 14 ms 23 ms 15 ms tcl5-ic-1-as0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.
185.78]
7 52 ms 13 ms 14 ms LNDGW2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
8 52 ms 39 ms 31 ms 85.205.116.2
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Other devices seems to be working with the SS correctly (iPad and iPhone amoung others).

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi sbaker106,

Everything you've posted looks OK, so the change of SIM is the most likely cause.

On the link Nabs posted, this is the section which is specific to this:

==========================================

Has Your SIM recently been replaced?

When a SIM change is performed it can take up to 2 hours for the Sure Signal system to recognise the change, during this period you won't be able to pick up any signal from the Sure Signal. If you still experience issues after this time then you'll need to remove the affected number from your Sure Signal and then add it back on, this can be done via My Account

If the affected number is the owner of the Sure Signal, you'll need to temporarily transfer the ownership to another number in order to remove/re-add the affected number. This can be done by clicking Change Owner on the Sure Signal Dashboard. The new owner will then need to login to their My Account profile and accept the ownership request, before removing and re-adding the number. Once this has been completed then the ownership can be transferred back to the original number.

==========================================

If you still have issues after trying this, please let us know.

Dave

View solution in original position

22 REPLIES 22

Hi connectcctv,

How long did you allow after adding the phones as it can take up to 24 hours for the systems to update.

If you’re still having the issue, we can force a resync of your device, so can you post the serial number please.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi can you please re-sync my sure signal box as I have tried everything to get a new phone and sim working box no 

Thanks

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ratso,

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Thanks,

Jenny

ghec123
4: Newbie

I have two phones through our business account and we have finally got one working and them both connected to a landline number.

However, only one of the phones will connect to the sure signal box which makes the other phone utterly useless. We have been calling Vodaphone for 5 weeks to try to get the problems sorted. We have reset, re-registered, changed settings, changed sims...each time being told it could take between 15mins and 24 hrs to work!

Could someone please tell me how to actually link this phone up so that we are able to finally use it. I have lost a lot of faith in Vodaphone as a company 

Hi ghec123,

So we can look at this for you, please can you let me know the Sure Signal serial number and what phones you are using with the Sure Signal?

James

Hi James

The serial number is 40132749348 and it's a Lumia 620

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ghec123,

The registration looks OK. I've given it a resync to give it a quick kick, so can you give the Sure Signal a reset for me?

Are you also able to swap the SIMs between the phones? This will help to show if the problem is with the number or the specific phone.

Dave

Hi Tech Team

Just bought a Sure Signal today and registered it online with three phone numbers. The main phone number is on an Iphone 5S, the other two numbers are on an iPhone 4 and 4S. Both the iPhone4 and iPhone4S connects to the Sure Signal without a problem. The iPhone5S just won't connect. So far I have rebooted the SS and my router, place all phones in Flightmode for a few minutes and switched them back on one at a time but still the 5S will not register at all

Will a resynch from your end sort this out ? Serial number of the SS is 40133832127

Thanks

Tom

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Tom,

I’ve just resynced your Sure Signal for you.

So that the resync completes, can you do a factory reset for me:-

• Find the button on the base of the unit next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around one hour

Let me know how you go on.

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks for this. I was wondering why the SS started flashing and going mad this morning. I have just reset it and will monitor it during the morning