Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New to Sure signal and Nexus 4 will not connect

design4p
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am New to Sure signal and my Nexus 4 will not connect.

Do I have to have any particular settings ie wifi enabled or otherwise or should the normal phone signal show bars for normal mobile reception.

The sure signal v2 is registered with my phone number, setup and with the system light is on.

I thought it would be an automatic connection.  Any suggestions to try.  Regards John

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Thank you for your assistance.  The details from the tests are:

Download 2.63Mbps

Upload 0.5Mbps

Ping Test:

Line quality B* 4.33

Ping 32ms

Jitter 2ms

Unable to test packet loss

ISB BT 2.5/5

IP Address 81.14716983

IPV6 ::ffff:5193:a953

Print of test:  Please see Attachment

Sorry I forgot my sure signal number is 40122917715

Regards John

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

I can see your Sure Signal had now made contact with the network at 3.47pm yesterday.

If you’re still facing issues, please let us know what light sequence you’re now seeing.

Thanks,

Gemma

Hi,  Still not both phones not connecting to the sure signal, can't make any calls.

The system light is on but the phone light has never been on apart from being configured.

Questions:

Do I have to have Wifi on the phones enabled or does the sure signal work through the normal mobile phone reception ie should I see some bars on the reception indicator on the phones?

Do I need to enable (connect) to Vodafone in the available network settings?  On one phone 0777 when I try to connect to Vodafone it says 'Not Registered on Network' and on the other phone 0787 it says ' Can't connect to this nework at the moment, try again later'.

When I try to make a call 0777 says 'Out of service area' and 0787 says 'mobile network not available'.

Hope this information helps to find why I cannot make any calls.

Regards John

Hi John,

To answer your questions:

1). Having Wi-Fi switched on on your phone shouldn’t affect its ability to connect to the Sure Signal.

2). You’ll need to enable Vodafone in your phone’s network settings. With the message you’re getting for the 0777 number, have you activated the SIM? If not, you can do so here.

The next thing to try is to remove both numbers from the Sure Signal for at least an hour.

Once you’ve re-added them, do a factory reset of the device:

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour

Thanks,

Andy

Thank you for all the assistance  Now working correctly.

Regards John

GojuSuzi
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
It's probably already done, but there's just one setting that needs to be:
Settings > under Wireless & Networks choose More... > Mobile Networks > Preferred Network Type = 3G.

Since the Sure Signal is 3G you need this so it doesn't choose the watery 2G signal over the stonking 3G signal. Otherwise it just does its thing, same as if you walked out of range of one mast into range if another.