Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New to Sure signal cant get it working

Trevorki
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a business contract with vodafone and I recently purchased a Vodafone Sure signal and it arrived in the post 2 days ago.  It had been previously registered but also correctly deregistered for my use. 

I went through the normal procedure of registering the device on the website and adding the numbers etc. and all seemed to go smoothly.  I then connected my sure signal Version 2 (SN. 40122914068) up to my router .  After the box has loaded up the power light stays on constantly (good I assume) and the internet light stays on constantly (good I assume) but for some reason I never see the phone light on or flickering and I have no better signal on my phone (not so good).  I have looked at various posts on here and the troubleshooting guides but they say that I should contact technical support.  I know that it takes up to 24 hours to register my sure signal and phone numbers so I had left it all on for 24 hours so and nothing changed.  I decided to do a full reset of the box as described in the technical guide.  This still hasn't worked and this morning (7 hours later) I received a text saying that I had changed my location of the sure signal box??

Has my box been registered properly on the vodafone system not sure if there is a different way of registering due to the fact its a business contract and where do I go from here.

I thought that I would like to mention that I have a BT home Hub (not infinity) running about 7meg speed.

Please Help, I thought having no mobile signal was frustrating.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Trevorki.

I can see that it’s connected to our server this morning but a location update has been detected.

I’ve updated the location profile and re-synced the Sure Signal for you.

If this doesn’t work, please let me know the details from Matt’s post and Home Hub you’re using.

James