Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Connection from VSS v3

regibhoy73
2: Seeker

I have had the V3 box connected now for around 20 hours, and it still is in the connection mode = Power light on and Internet (white) light slowly flashing trying to establish a connection I assume, getting rather frustrated at  the length of time it is taking to get connected, the whole reason of buying it was to save time messing about with my iphone trying to make and receive calls, now I have spent nearly a full day wasting away trying to get connected to this thing!!!!!!!!, I've been on to "Vodafone" tech help but they are as much use a chocolate firestick, I need some real tech help not someone behind a phone reading from a manual,I can do that myself.

I have been told to reset the box = hold in the button and unplug the Ethernet cable and watch the light go though their cycle wait 20 mins.....Guess what didn't happen still sitting here and hour later waiting for it????, can someone with real expertise get in touch and help me out, before it goes back to the store along with me canceling my contract cause I'm really at the end of my tether with Vodafone right now.

Regards

Mark 

4 REPLIES 4

regibhoy73

Well Well, got up today and looked at my phone while in bed 5 bars........It can't be surely!!!! No way its working, so rushed downstairs like a 6 yr old on Christmas Day and there you go, little white plug in the corner of the the room has 3 steady lights ON, (shock-horror)!!!!, only took a total of 42 hours for it to connect and sync to the Vodafone network, so much for 10 mins - 1hour, tell you what though I may be moving shortly (4-6 weeks) hence the reason I needed the phone to be working and from what I have read the VSS v3 it doesn't fair to well with VirginMedia and guess what is installed in the place im moving to??? Answers on a postcard. 

So I don't think it will be a simple as they they say about changing postcodes I think I may be in for another 42-48 hours time of frustration, will keep you posted.

P.S Thanks for the the quick response eForum team I realise from previous experience that calls get logged and dealt with on a first come first served basis but to have no response at all after nearly 2 days is exactly what Vodafone are all about, once your contracted they couldn't care less, as for being the best Network provider ha ha, one last opportunity to redeem themselves when I do move and if I get the same service then as I have received over the last couple of days (& months with all the carry on when i first tried to activate my nano sim) and I'm talking here through the phone, online chat & on this forum then there will be no hesitation, £550 or not to buy my contract out, it will be see ya and back to o2  

Hi regibhoy73

Thanks for your post here and for letting us know that everything is back up and running for you. 

I apologise for the time it has taken us to respond to you. We're in high demand at the moment, coupled with the weather and our response times aren't what we would normally expect.

Let us know how you get on when you move though and if you need anything else please just let us know.

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne please see the 'resync please' thread. I've tried countless reboots of the router, ss and my s3 and require a resync please

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi JamieMoulding,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can see that Kay has replied to your other post here. Is this resolved now?

To avoid duplication, please reply on the other thread if you need any further help,

Thanks,

Jenny