Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Sure Signal working since 5th August

Jcb13
4: Newbie

My first sure signal that I had from 2012 stopped working (all lights out) on 7th July, so I went to my local vodafone store - to be told by them "oh yes it's not working you will need to order a new one as we don't have any!". So I duly ordered a new one which arrived and then I had to work out how to get rid of the old details and add the new Serial Number - to find on this forum that the lights out failure was a known problem and that I was entitled to have a free replacement. I set up the new one anyway and it worked - I then took the old sure signal into my local store again and this time saw the Manager who apologised that the member of staff wasn't more helpful and duly sent away my faulty sure signal inorder to ge the free replacement, telling me they would contact me when it was sorted and that he would refund me the cost of the new sure signal so long as I brought it back - 3 weeks later I eventually went back to the store to see what was happening as I had heard nothing from them, taking me brand new sure signal in, and yes my replacement was there and the refund etc was dealt with.   My concern at this point was that the replacement I was given was in a brown box - stating "Nearly New Sure Signal" but I was assured that this was fine and it would work. I took it home and tried to register it on 5th August but it would not go through so I used Live Chat and they assured me that they had sorted it at that end and to give it 24-72 hours to go live, that did not happen and so I contacted them again on 9th August to be told they had sorted it again and to give it 24 hours this time. Again it did not work so I made contact again on 10th August to be told yet again to give it 48 hours this time, yet again this did not work so I made further contact on 12th August begging them to tell me what was going on, where the problem was and they yet again contacted a higher level support and told me yet again to wait for it to be sorted out. I waited 7 days this time and then made contact again on 19th August to go through it all again to be told they were working on it and to keep bearing with them it was with a higher level etc etc!! I finally gave in and made contact again yesterday 30th August (surely 25 days was long enough for it to connect) to be told it had been given to the highest level team yet again and that it would be definitely working within 24 hours. Yet again nothing and I made contact again this morning 31st August to be told that they are working on it but that it will be upto 5 days (yet again) and that I have to wait until next Monday 5th September to see if it is working. During this time as well I was told by one lady well if you had a Samsung 6 or 7 you wouldn't need Sure Signal as they connect to your Wifi, yet when I asked if I could upgrade to one early as I wasn't due an upgrade until December I was told it would cost me £140 to do so - when surely as their Sure Signal System is not working and they won't replace my replacement with a Brand New One this could have been done for free. I like many others work from home and nearly a month of not having a mobile signal has not only been expensive in terms of money to use a landline but also in missed business calls. 

Has anyone been successful in getting a straight answer to what is wrong at Vodafone's end or been given a replacement that works ?(as I can't seem to get one).

47 REPLIES 47

Hi Charles  Thank you for your reply - It hasn't been working - I did speak to someone on Live Chat yesterday at that time and they sent it up the line and they were starting work on it right away so this may have been why it made a contact but they told me to wait another 24/48 hours.

I have done the reset just now as per your instruction and I will let you know how it goes.

Thank you again.

Hi Charles

I did the reset and it came back to the red light and first two lights being lit solidly. which is how it has been since I plugged it in on 5th August but still no signal. I then logged in to check my account and it still says "PendingReplaced" so I guess I am going to have to give the final 24 hours of the 24/48 they told me yesterday.

I can only think that the contact was down to the higher level tech team.

Thanks again for your reply.

Still not working today after the full 48 hours - I have been on Chat again and yet again it is being passed to the Higher Tech Team to be changed from pending to Active - no time scale this time!!  There must be serious problems with Vodafone's Sure Signal Technology as this has been referred regularly since 5th August and it's still not working. Surely it would be better if Agents/Technicians were allowed to be honest and tell us there are ongoing problems at their end instead of being forced to give us as customers false hope that our VSS is going to be working anytime soon. 

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jcb13,

I'm disappointed to hear your Sure Signal is still not up and running.

I've asked @Rahim if there's an update from the escalation he raised last week.

Once we have more information, we'll be in touch.

Thank you for your reply DaveCD - I'll wait to hear from you.

@Jcb13

Just to let you know we're still working on this for you. As soon as we've got an update, we'll be in touch.

Thanks for your message and update EricChester.

@EricChester

Please can you let me know what is happening as this is the 6th week I have had with no Sure Signal and it is really impacting me working from home.  I keep reading other people's problems with Sure Signal and some of them seem to be sorted in just a few days yet mine is still going on for all this time.

Thank you

@Jcb13

You Sure Signal is still being effected by the recent server issue we had. With cases like this it can sometimes take a while longer for the issue to be resolved. 

Please rest assured the issue has been escalated accordingly and we're working this has quickly as possible.

@EricChester

Thank you for your reply. Would it make any difference if I de-register my Sure Signal and then try to Register it again as I haven't tried this, or would it make things more tricky your end and delay it further?