Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No lights on VSS3

nakednorman
4: Newbie

Hello,

My VSS3 has been working since June, without problems.

But when we got up this morning there were no lights on it and the mobile phones don't work (this is a dead spot without the VSS3).

I've tried the VSS3 in different sockets - still no lights.  (Other things work in the original socket.)

Please advise.

Best regards,

NN

PS - by "no lights" I mean none at all - not even the red power light.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I thought you may like to know that this is now resolved.  A new VSS3 arrived yesterday and was working after about 30 minutes.

Thank you to all who helped with this.

NN

View solution in original position

34 REPLIES 34

Jenny,  it's  40124212339

Robert

So, can I just have an address to send it to?

PLEASE !!!

Hi @RobertShip

Have you attempted a factory reset to see if this resolves the issue? Please also try a different ethernet cable, as this can also help.

Alternatively, please test the Sure Signal at a different address such as a friend or family members.

Thanks,

Jamian

Come on!  Stop wasting my time and yours.  I need it to work here.  It has a power supply.    It won't power up.  Dead is Dead   NO LIGHTS EVER.  (Since it needs to power up BEFORE plugging the ethernet cable in it can't matter one iota where the other end of the ethernet cable is going.

Unless you have some practical advice just tell me how to SEND IT BACK

It seems that VF haven't changed much since I had this problem nearly 18 months ago.

When my VSS broke for a second time, I couldn't face the hassle I'd had the first time, so I left VF.

It's good outside.

NN

Hi Norman,

I've been with them as long as I can remember.  My first phone wasn't even a "portable" brick but a "Transportable" two piece!  You'd think they'd value a 25 year (?) plus customer.  Perhaps I now need to move to a company that considers a problem to be their problem, not mine.  It's particularly annoying that this piece of kit, that I had to pay for, is only necessary at all because THEIR service is so incredibly poor here!

Hi @RobertShip

If the Vodafone Sure Signal is still in warranty (under one year old) we’ll be able to look at getting this repaired for free.

Take a look at our repair process.

If it’s older than this, you’ll need to look at replacing this, see our online store for this.

Cheers,

Laura

I guess it's the bin then.

What a lot of hassle to get to that simple answer.

whemdan
1: Seeker
Serial no: 40140914546
Model 9361 Home Cell p3.0
No light at all
Can u help

REMOVE THIS DEVICE IMMEDIATLY FROM ANY POWER SOCKET AND DO NOT PLUG IT BACK IN EVEN IF ADVISED BY VODAFONE AS IT IS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS.

Please take a look at my posting below:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Blew-Up-Exploded-Hot-Bu...

Please take a few minutes to report your failed SureSignal to the BBC Watchdog programme at the links below in my signature.

Vodafone are currently exchanging any failed version 3 that is showing signs of power failure and if you wait here, you will be contacted in order to have your free replacement.

PLEASE: Ensure you report this to the BBC and when you get chance to Trading Standards on 0345 4040506 as this is a known issue and currently under investigation.

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)