Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No longer have a vodafone account

chriscanon1234
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I bought a Sure Signal for my mother's house a couple of years ago and registered it in my name using my Vodafone account (I had a Vodafone contract then). I registered my number and my mother's and everything worked fine.

My problem is that I've since left Vodafone and the Sure Signal is no longer working for my Mother. I tried to login to my old Vodafone account but this has been terminated as I'm no longer a customer and I think the Suresignal has been deregistered. I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone yesterday to Vodafone and no one could offer any solution to my problem. In the meantime my Mother is left with a phone that she can't use at home (she's elderly). All I need to do is re register the Suresignal in her name (she's never used her online account so I can't get into that). It seems crazy that having spent £50 or so on a piece of hardware, that it's now rendered useless after a short time and even more crazy that no one at Vodafone seems to know what to do!

Please can someone help?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@chriscanon1234 

The first thing we need to check is whether the Sure Signal is actually registered or not, and to do this we'll need your Sure Signal serial number.

If it is deregistered, we'll need to pass security and register it in your mothers name, and we'll need to set up an online account for her to manage it.

To do this, contact our Live help team.

If it is registered, we'll take a look from this end and we'll need the following information:

VSS Traceroute command

• On a PC:
  • Click on Start and select Run
  • Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
  • A black box will appear
  • In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
  • Paste the output of this command into your reply

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

DaveCD

Thanks Dave - how should I give these results to you?

I did manage to get hold of someone who regesitered the box on my Mothers' account. Still doesn't work though

Chris

Hi @chriscanon1234

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Please just pop the results back onto this post, and we'll be back in touch. 

Thanks, 

Amanda