cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No signal, sure signal doesn't work - really fed up!

Samscho
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi,

According to Vodafone we have 'perfect signal' (my husband and I are both on Vodafone). Despite this 'perfect signal' we apparently have - both our phones say 'no service' when at home, IF we can make or receive a call it frequently cuts out.

We got suresignal and were told this guarenteed a signal... It doesn't! We've been through all the 'checks' with Vodafone and are on our third suresignal box!

Vodafone said it was probably our phones - so (stupidly) I upgraded just under 2 yrs ago! Still no improvement. This left me stuck paying £45 a month for a phone I can't use at home.

Whenever I contact Vodafone they run through the same things constantly - they don't seem to understand that no matter how many times we switch the suresignal on/off, press reset etc it doesn't work. Not to mention that they don't seem to understand why I'm frustrated about having to pay to call them 'but it is free if you call from your Vodafone phone!' - how can I call from my Vodafone phone if I have no signal? (This is apparently too hard a concept for Vodafone to understand).

I'm due to give birth in the next few weeks and really really need to have a reliable phone. I want to leave Vodafone as paying £45 a month for something that I cannot use in my house is absurd. What do I need to get a PAC number so I can go to a more reliable network without being penalised further?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sam
1 REPLY 1

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Sam,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the eForum. I'm sorry if you've struggled to get signal so far.

As your eForum profile isn't linked to your Vodafone account, I can't see your postcode. When you check on our Coverage Maps, what sort of service does it say you can expect? If it's any different to what is shown there then our Network Troubleshooting Guide will help diagnose or report any new issues with my team. :Winking_smiley:

For your Sure Signal, my team have a fully comprehensive guide here. Give it a run through and post your results here or on the page you're directed to. :Smiling:

With regards to your PAC, you can request this via 191, Live help or I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here. 

There will be an Early Termination Fee if you have any outstanding commitment in line with your Terms and Conditions. The only way to avoid this fee is if you're returning equipment to us and cancelling within your 7 day cooling off period or if we can work together to categorically prove that the service in your area has degraded since you took your last agreement out. 

Was there any reason you didn't return your last upgrades during your cooling off period if they didn't work just under 2 years ago?

Cheers, Ben