cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia 710 Connection problems. SureSignal works fine for me but not a new user I've added.

wackymatt
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi There,

I setup a Sure Signal V3 last week for the first time (S/N 40123620086). It’s registered to my name and number.

I have no issues with it making/ receiving calls etc…….with my own phone.

I am now trying to add my wife’s phone. She received her new Vodafone sim card yesterday (Monday), her number was transferred the same morning.

I have added her as a Sure Signal user successfully via the website

She has received an sms saying she has been added when she went to some where she could pick up a mobile signal away from the house. However she’s had no luck with it connecting to the SureSignal in the house.

I’ve removed her number and re-added it several times. She receives a new text message each time but still fails to connect when in the house.

I’ve also made her an admin she’s registered and setup an account online so she can approve the admin status.

Still her phone wont connect.

Her phone is a Nokia Lumia 710, the 3G works fine via the Vodafone network as we’ve tried it, just not with the SureSignal.

My phone is fine.

Any clues on what’s happening? I’ve looked at the troubleshooting thread.

Has anyone else have a Nokia 710 working with a SureSignal?

Many Thanks

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi wackymatt,

Thanks for the posts and updates. Looking at your traceroute and IP all is fine. Checking in on your Sure Signal this afternoon I can see you re-registered the number at 12:58. Once you've reset your Sure Signal, can you let me know if leaving the registration a little longer has helped? One final thing we could do with ruling out is the ISP. Is there any way you can test the Sure Signal quickly on somebody else's internet connection (say a friend, colleague, relative or neighbour)?

If you've still no joy once you've done the above, could you follow the instructions I've popped over to you on PM here so that we can go through some further tests together? :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt, I've looked at the throubleshooting link but I'm still having issues. Please find the info you requested below.

Your speed test results from here: 29.14Mb down, 5.08Mb up

Your ping test results: Ping time 13ms, Jitter 2ms

Your external IP address : 81.132.119.132

The results of a traceroute:

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.18
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms BTHomeHub.home [192.
2 6 ms 5 ms 5 ms 217.32.147.8
3 8 ms 8 ms 7 ms 217.32.147.78
4 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 213.120.156.26
5 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 217.41.168.247
6 10 ms 9 ms 9 ms 217.41.168.109
7 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 109.159.249.240
8 13 ms 15 ms 15 ms core1-te0-7-0-15.far
249.165]
9 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms host213-121-193-129.
29]
10 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms LNDGW2.arcor-ip.net
11 11 ms 10 ms 11 ms 85.205.116.6
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Your Sure Signal serial number:  40123620086

Other things I've tried:

Cycled power on SureSignal a couple of times

Cycled power on Nokia 710 a couple os time

Held the reset button in on the SureSignal for about 30 seconds, let go, all the lights go out, then cycled power.

Removed and Added the number.

Something I'm trying now:

Having read a reply in another post (Re: Z10 will not connect) from Dave for another user having issues adding a number.

Dave noticed that the fact there was a greater time delay between removing and re-adding a user may have helped.

I've currently removed the number and I'm waiting a few hours before re-adding it again

Many Thanks

Matt

Some other things I've tried as well.

I've opened up the certain ports listed and forwared them to the SUre Signal.

I also set the DMZ on the router to point to the SureSignal, I've stopped this now though. I just have the ports forwarded for now

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi wackymatt,

Thanks for the posts and updates. Looking at your traceroute and IP all is fine. Checking in on your Sure Signal this afternoon I can see you re-registered the number at 12:58. Once you've reset your Sure Signal, can you let me know if leaving the registration a little longer has helped? One final thing we could do with ruling out is the ISP. Is there any way you can test the Sure Signal quickly on somebody else's internet connection (say a friend, colleague, relative or neighbour)?

If you've still no joy once you've done the above, could you follow the instructions I've popped over to you on PM here so that we can go through some further tests together? :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

The re-sync worked. The phone is now connected and making calls

THanks for all your help

Matt