Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not at all Sure(signal)

vinsup
4: Newbie

Mods,

This is crazy. For the past few weeks the VSS is doing some crazy stuff. Looks like it's murky past has come back to haunt us - not sure if it is just us iPhone users, but had to turn it off even after talking to the Tech Supp guys a couple of times. My wife is still worse off as her 4S doesn't have the option to turn off 3G when the VSS is off.

Mods, can we talk? I am not sure the Tech Support guys even know what they are talking about.

Thanks

Vin
___________________________________________________________________________________________
SE P910i, Nokia 9300, Qtek 9100, TyTn, TyTn II, Touch Diamond, TP, TP 2, Trophy 7, 3GS, 4, iPad 2, 4S

_______________________________________________________________________________________
6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi vinsup,

I'm sure we can get this sorted for you. Can you describe exactly what's happened, when it started and the serial number for me?

Also, if anything in the Sure Signal troubleshooter is relevant, can you confirm you've followed the relevant steps for me?

This will just help us to see exactly what's happening and where we currently stand.

Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave.

I have 3 x iPhone 4 & 1 iPhone 4S registered on this Suresignal.

There are two problems. 

1. The VSS randomly disconnects an ongoing call. When checked all the relevant lights are on.

2. The VSS randomly blocks outgoing as well as incoming call.

3. The VSS randomly creates a bubbling like sound to the other party.

When the going gets bad, I can turn off the 3G on my iPhone 4, but the iPhone 4S does't have this option.

The problem with signal in my area is so bad that if the VSS is off, the handset (many a times) says 'searching' for a signal.

Spoke to a Tech Support guy a couple of weeks ago who 'pushed / synced' something from his side, but the problem continued and hence had to turn the VSS off.

BB speed not an issue. I have BT Infinity 40Mbps fibre BB with BT Infinity Hub 3 as the router. The speed is consistently in the range of 30-35 downstream and 9-10 upstream.

There was a problem with VSS and iPhone about an year ago which the Tech Support refused to acknowledge, but was accepted by the eforum guys and they rectified it and all was ok - for a few months. This problem has been occuring since Nov of last year.

The VSS is the new device as my old one was exchanged for a new piece.

Hope this is fine.

Cheers,

Vin
___________________________________________________________________________________________
SE P910i, Nokia 9300, Qtek 9100, TyTn, TyTn II, Touch Diamond, TP, TP 2, Trophy 7, 3GS, 4, iPad 2, 4S

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi vinsup,

I must admit that this is a strange one however it would normally happen when there is a broadband speed or connection issue.

As the symptoms do vary it is hard to say exactly what the issue is as it could simply be a ping time out on your broadband server or even a latency issue that is causing the issue.

However so we can take a look at this for you please can you post me your Sure Signal serial number that you are now using and I can see if there are any connection issues through the Sure Signal for you.

James

SteveinGoodwood
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I purchased the latest (plug in) type sure Signal just under 4 weeks ago after my old one failed. This new one is nothing but problems. Easy to set up and get running but it continues to stop working at random times. It will run for several days and then stop with the Red Light flashing. Re-start it and it may run for a day or several and agin stop working. It has now not worked for the past 4 days despite re-stting it at least once in 24 hours. Trying to contact the support team is a waste of time. One I was speaking to (at my cost) said it would take another 20 minutes for him to consult the Tech team and he would phone me back. That was a couple of days ago, Yesterday I did it through the chat system and 'Moustafa' on the other end told me he had re-booted it of something and it will be working within 1 to 6 hours. That was nearly 24 hours ago. Today, I can't get hold of anyone. I use two Vodafones but it looks like I will have to find another network as the current one does not work in my locallity  and sure signal now fails and no one knows how to fix it. WHER IS VODAFONE SUPPORT?.

Hi SteveinGoodwood,

It’s unusual that your Sure Signal is working intermittently. When it stops working, is it just the power light that flashes or are there any of the other lights lit as well?

If it’s just the power light flashing, this shows that there’s a fault with the unit and it would need to be sent for a repair.

If there’s more than one light lit/flashing, can you let me know which ones? We’ll also need further information to be able to offer more help, so can you provide the following please:-

Your Sure Signal serial number.

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Thanks

Andrew

Just ends up with the power light flashing. I did manage to get it all up and running again yesterday after being off for a couple of days but asd usual it was not working by this morning and following unplugging and plugging in again it just has the red light flashing. As this unit is less than one month old, I will return it tomorrow via my local Vodafone store for exchange.