Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not registered on network message

idunno
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have just set up my sure signal today and it works fine with my iPhone.

I added my wifes phone to the Sure Signal account - she uses a Samsung GT-18200N (pay as you go) - she cannot however send any text messages or make any phone calls as it keeps coming up with the massage "Not Registered on Network". I have checked her network and it is set to 3G, so what could be causing this problem on her phone?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi.

It maybe beneficial to de register her number and then re register it. Then soft reboot the phone by turning it off and on. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @idunno

If your Wife is getting the message not registered on network, the problem may not be connected to the Sure Signal. If your Wife is able to use the service in an area where reception is available, it would indicate a problem with the SIM card or phone.

When you are in an area where there is reception, it might be an idea to try your Wife's SIM in your phone.  She may find a replacement SIM card from a Vodafone Store solves the problem.

Your Wife can try the following.

Go to Settings

choose network operators

choose mobile networks

leave it to search

choose an alternative operator e.g O2

wait for it to come back with unable to connect

choose Vodafone UK 3G for the Sure Signal

If there are still issues, please come back to the forum.

I de-registered my wifes phone, thinking it would revert back to its old signal, but it is still being affected by the Sure Signal and unable to make calls or send texts still. So that means anyone visiting us will not be able to use their phone if they are not at least 3G - and also what is the point of regsitering a phone then if it is still influenced by the Sure Signal?

I think it may the SIM card anyway, as it is quite old and may ot be 3G. I will call in to a Vodafone outletr at the weekend and ask.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@idunno Kindly keep us updated with how you get on.