Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Now taking legal advice/action etc against Vodafone

Paffman
7: Helper

I have just got my upgrade an HTC M8 from an HTC One. I had to go into town to a VF shop to get a nano sim as the incorrect sim (micro) was included with the M8. The guy at the shop transferred my number to the new nano sim. I can use the phone OK when I have a signal, but at home where I don't have a signal and rely on the Sure Signal, the M8 will not get a signal. I have reset the SS but as my number is the admin for the SS I cannot unregister/reregister.

Do you have any advice?

It is a business phone so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mobile Device: HTC One M8

32 REPLIES 32

Paffman

I have since found out that this is due to the new sim card having a different serial number that the SS will not let work. I spent nearly 30 minutes on the land-line to tech and they tried to fix it their end but have successfully knackered the settings on my Sure Signal so that I now can't get into change the user settings :smileymad:

PLEASE can you look into this asap as I rely on my mobile for my business...

Thought I'd 'bump' this.

Still not getting access to my Sure Signal to change users after my upgrade had to have a new nano sim.

VF promised that they would look into it quickly as I use the SS for my business. So how is it going?

They changed the admin from myself to my wife so that I could remove my old user settings and put in the new details, they did that but they also messed it up so that they could not complete the task. Now all I get when I access my wifes account/SS is ...

"Sorry – there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later."

Could you work a bit harder to resolve this as it was you who created this issue?

Did I mention that it is used for a BUSINESS?

Come on VF staff at least reply to this post.

cal542
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi just changed my sim to a nano sim now no phone signal thru sure signal. My sure signal serial no is 21231327764 . Thanks.

I have just done the same today (Vodafone included a Micro sim for my HTC One M8 - should have been a Nano sim) and now have no signal from my Sure Signal. It is due to the new sim card, it has a new serial number. If you go into your Sure Signal settings via 'Your Sure Signal' on the VF website 'Your Account' and see if you can remove your number from it, then add user to put it back. This will not work if you, like myself are the Admin of the Sure Signal :smileymad:

I contated Vodafone help today and they have screwed my Sure Signal up and now I can't get into the settings :smileymad:

Thanks for post! I am sure i am the admin.

The only way round that is is to add a new user/number if you have not got one already. Then make them admin, then you should be able to change your status to a user and then delete your number. If you can, just add myrself again.

Good luck.

Hi just switched my phone off and back on and my signal is back! Thanks everyone who read post.

Good for you :smileyhappy:

Didn't work for me :smileymad:

Over to you Vodafone...

Come on VF at least reply to this and my other post.

I know that you have been replying to others...