Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

One House, Two Sure Signal Devices

Inquisitor
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a house with lots of walls and metal.  Despite placing my SS box in the middle I still get weak/dropped signals at various places. 

Can I install two SS devices on the same router in my house?

Now that there are a lot of cheap/second hand devices on Ebay etc can I mix and match SS types?  (I currently have a V2, so can I buy, for example,  a cheap V1 and have them work successfully together?)

2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Inquisitor, 

This really depends on your broadband speeds as to whether it would work. It's not something we'd normally recommend unless it's a very large property. 

If you do purchase one from a third party, please make sure they've deregistered it. If it's still registered in someones name, you'll be unable to use it. 

Thanks, 

Kay

Thanks for that - I will definitely make sure it is deregistered.

No the house is not that big bit there can be lots of walls and steel beams between the SS box and where I want to make/receive calls.  Often I have to walk towards the SS box to get it to connect before I can make a call and then it drops back to the ambient signal when I go back to my desk.  I might experiement with a seconds cheap box just see if it works.