Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

One of my SS wont fully reconnect after a local power outage

kewfriend
4: Newbie

The issue you’re experiencing: This is almost an exact copy of this PREVIOUS posting with additional comments in CAPITALS.

My Sure Signal v3 has worked fine since it came out of the box. TODAY the ROAD here suffered a power cut. When power was restored everything worked - except for Sure Signal. Just a solid red light and a slow flashing white ethernet light. I have tried disconnecting, holding reset button for 30 seconds etc. and have plugged it into a different router - always the same two lights. Have left it untouched for MANY hours but no change. Never had a problem before this. All the rest of my kit is working OK. Any help/advice much appreciated.

NOTE: >> AT THE SAME ADDRESS Kewfriend 4 42150241067 is working fine after the power outage, and is giving limited coverage on the top two floors of this house.

The setup here has worked fine for several years - till the power outage.

What light sequence you're seeing: Power light steady: Internet light flashing continually ( for several hours )

Your speed test results : DOWNLOAD 79mbps UPLOAD 6mbps

Your external IP address 92.236.91.208

Your Sure Signal serial number: 42151594548  aka Kewfriend 5 <<< THIS ONE HAS THE PROBLEM

The results of a traceroute. This times out after reaching 195.2.24.126 and the hops before the timout total to a about 90ms - irrelevant I suspect as the other SS is working fine.

2 REPLIES 2

kewfriend
4: Newbie

PANIC OVER

After another rest and a few hours the two steady whites appeared.

I dont like power cuts!

Grrr Happy New Year

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kewfriend That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know. :Smiling:

If you have any issues with your Sure Signal in the future, please let us know, we'll be happy to help.