Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

One phone connected ok, other not

paulg390
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, Just enabled my sure signal 2 and it connects perfectly to my BB (if you can see my account number starts 07795) very strong signal, but my mobile (0777) which my Vodafone account is registered to, and I received the confirmation text to,  doesnt connect and signal is still poor.  I have switched fone off and on but still weak signal.  Any ideas ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ah, oops...  time to upgrade then :smileyhappy:

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

Ah, oops...  time to upgrade then :smileyhappy:

Ok, have now upgraded to and iphone 4 and reception is still very poor.  My number ending 3383 on an old Blackberry is showing 5 bars with sure signal on, but iphone with number ending 2000 is one or two max.

I tried re-registering it on the sure signal maintenance page but says it is already added presumably as it is the number associated with my account.

Any ideas please ?.

amended to give consistent numbers to first post :

Ok, have now upgraded SLVR to an iphone 4 and reception is still very poor.  My number starting 07795 on an old Blackberry is showing 5 bars with sure signal on, but iphone with number starting 07771 is one or two max.

I tried re-registering it on the sure signal maintenance page but I get error message that "the user is already added or the number must be 11 chars and start with 07" (which it does) presumably as it is the number associated with my account.

Any ideas please ?.

Hi paulg390,

As its working on both phones we can almost certainly say that it’s not a fault with the Sure Signal.

The number for the iPhone can’t be added or won’t show if that is the number attached to the online account you’ve used to register the Sure signal.

The only way to remove the number and add it back in would be to either transfer ownership of the Sure Signal or completely deregister the unit.

So we can look into this for you, can you confirm what IOS your iPhone is using and what your serial number is for the Sure signal?

James

Hi,  the SS2 serial number is 4012 1021 071

iPhone is IOS6 on the 07771 number.

Just to confirm - the strength of signal on the iphone remains 1 or 2 if SS2 is on or off.  The BB signal is 1 or 2 when the SS2 is off but is 5 when SS2 is on.  Which implies the SS2 is not picking upp the 07771 iphone

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi paulg390, 

Can you deregister the Sure Signal altogether and re register it after an hour or so? 

Let us know how you get on. 

Kay