Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pease Resync my Second Generation VSS serial signal serial no:40114633064

nholbeche
4: Newbie
Hi there

Have upgraded four weeks ago to a new iPhone 5s and transfered the existing number to a new SIM. Have reset VSS a number of times and even deregistered and re registered to another pay as you go number and have received the texts saying that my phone can use sure single. Had about five telephone conversations with your support and all attempts have failed. Have also done a factory reset and all that happen was red power light was consent and both system and phone white lights flashed for four days with no single.
When I did the SIm Swap the other two phones that were on the system worked, I swapped a nano sim from a iPhone 5 and put it in the new 5s and that worked.
Could you resync for me in the hope that this should resolve?
25 REPLIES 25

Hi nholbeche,

There's a few things we need to check before we can get this raised further for you.

Firstly, check that the following ports are still open for forwarding on the router. A change by Plusnet or an update to the router may have affected these.

Also, you need to make sure the following IP ranges are allowed on the router and firewall:

212.183.133.177-179

212.183.133.181-182

212.183.131.128-191

Dave

Hi 

I am with plusnet, please attached pdf of chat I had with their surport team yesterday evening.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi nholbeche,

I’ve had a look at the chat and we don’t allocate static IP addresses for the Sure Signal.

All IP addresses are allocated to the Sure Signal by the router.

When you log into your router admin panel, is there an option for UPnP (universal plug and play)?

You can see how to set up the port forwarding for your router using the guides here.

Thanks,

Gemma 

Hi I have followed the link and downloaded the application ( which has cost me more money) and installed the VSS app which has now been applied to my router, however still no joy just a blinking white light for the last 24 hours.
I have also deregistered and reregistered VSS. Could you please advise. Regards Neil. .

Hi I have attached a screen grab of my Port Forwarding settings 

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nholbeche,

Please try a different Ethernet cable to see if this helps.

Also, please check your MTU settings:

Log into your router admin page and find the location of the MTU field. This varies depending on the make and model so you’ll need to look for it.

Change the value of the MTU size to 1500.

Log out of the router, this will usually result in a reboot.

Perform a reset of the Sure Signal:

-Hold in the reset button until all lights go solid

-Pull the power lead out with the reset button still pushed in

-Continue to hold down the reset button and reconnect the power lead

-Wait for all lights to come on and then release the reset button

The Sure Signal will now try to contact the network and download its profile. This can take up to 6 hours.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Jenny