Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pease Resync my Second Generation VSS serial signal serial no:40114633064

nholbeche
4: Newbie
Hi there

Have upgraded four weeks ago to a new iPhone 5s and transfered the existing number to a new SIM. Have reset VSS a number of times and even deregistered and re registered to another pay as you go number and have received the texts saying that my phone can use sure single. Had about five telephone conversations with your support and all attempts have failed. Have also done a factory reset and all that happen was red power light was consent and both system and phone white lights flashed for four days with no single.
When I did the SIm Swap the other two phones that were on the system worked, I swapped a nano sim from a iPhone 5 and put it in the new 5s and that worked.
Could you resync for me in the hope that this should resolve?
25 REPLIES 25

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nholbeche

Your Sure Signal is till showing as deregistered, can you try registering it online?

Thanks

Sukhi

Dear Sukhi

My VSS dashboard is showing that I’m active please see screen dump, tried registering it to my sons account no luck how lights have now changed from one white flashing (trying to connect) to red flashing two solid orange please see photo. Have registered back to my account I get text message saying its been successful but still red flashing and two solid orange lights. Plus I can’t add users.

Plus tried factory reset.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi nholbeche

Sorry about the confusion, it looks like Sukhi checked your intial serial number.

I can see that 40133828729 has been registered but it still hasn't connected to our server. 

Can you tell us which lights are flashing?

Have you tried the steps here?

Cheers

DaveCD

It's now reverted to solid red and white flashing Internet light.

Hi nholbeche,

The system shows the failed attampts to add a number, but not why they failed.

Try de-registering the Sure Signal, waiting about 30 minutes and re-registering. This will refresh the whole registration and clear out any bugs.

Dave

Hi Tried to de registered left for three hours re registered still can’t add users (Please see screen grads of my VSS Dashboard) and still no 3G single in house.

For the past two years this system has worked perfectly, I upgrade my phone do a sim swap and the whole thing just crashes!!!

Six weeks later and additional purchaser of upgrade to VSS 3 still further along to get a working system.

I don’t believe this is going to work is it? If that’s the case just say so, that way I can get a refund and stop wasting your time and mine.

(Attachments removed due to containing personal information)

Hi nholbeche,

It’s still not connecting to the server, so there has got to be something stopping it.

So we can identify if it is a Sure Signal or configuration issue, can you try this on a different internet connection at a friends or neighbours house?

James

Hi James

Have taken my VSS 3 to my neighbours yesterday (Sunday afternoon) and plugged in we left I for an hour and all we got was a flashing red power light and a flashing orange in use light.
He also has a VSS2 which works perfectly as did my VSS2 for over two years.
All these problems started when I upgraded my phone and did Sim Swap which in it self was a nightmare as this process took loads of phone calls to support and finally someone in my local Vodaphone Shop resolved the problem.

Do you require my mobile phone number it's a PAYG.