Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone Not Connecting to Sure Signal

steveholt1999
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've recently registered a new Sure Signal. It was working with my mobile, but it's now stopped connecting.

The red light is on, plus the Internet and Service lights, but the User one never comes on. I've disconnected my mobile from Wifi to avoid any conflicts. I've tested by making mobile calls and accessing data near the Sure Signal.

Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Please take a look through these Sure Signal Trouble Shooting threads :

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/23917...

as these may help to resolve issues. They have links to the key things you can do to try and self resolve the issue you are experiencing.

If no help then Live Chat or customer service on 191 maybe able to help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks. I've gone through those and been on Live Chat, who couldn't resolve it either. Has to be escalated. I was hoping to avoid the 3-5 working day wait for an answer (Vodafone are usually pretty terrible at actually responding!). 

You're welcome. 

Where did you acquire the Sure Signal from ?

Current Phone  >

It was a freebie direct from Vodafone. It was their last chance of keeping me as a customer. If I can't get this to fix their appalling signal in my area (it's degraded massively over the past 6 months, which they acknowledge) then I'll be off. V frustrating.

I have a client with exactly the same issue.

Ok.

In tne troubleshooting guide there is an Issue not listed option where you can run a traceroute. Paste your results back here. 

The Vodafone Tech Team then can take a look. 

Current Phone  >

I can't do that as I'm not on site. 

To add to the history, I de-registered/re-registered again on Friday night last thing, and when after the registration period it connected and worked until Monday night. Then the same thing happened and no phones will connect again.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Timeweasel

So we can take a closer look into your issue, please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

This has now been resolved by Vodafone support. The Sure Signal was factory reset and that appears to have resolved the issue.