Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone refueses to connect to sure signal 2nd time around

agdunkley
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, running latest Androd 6.0.1 s/w and a Sure Signal v2 unit.  If I reboot the SS, then reboot the phone I get a connection, I see 4 bars on the phone and the phone light comes on when I make a call - so all is good.

If I leave the house, go to the end of the garden (say), out of the SS coverage area, so it connects to the global coverage network (3 bars) all is fine, then when I return to the house, it doesnt reconnect to my local cell, I get 0 or 1 bars on the phone.  Switching on/off flight mode to simulate a rejoin does make any changes to the cell connection.  Nor, does a reboot of the phone - still 0 or 1 bars

If I reboot the SS; by power cycling it, and then restart the phone, I get back to 4 bars.

Anybody have any suggestions, is it a Android 6.0.1 issue or more likely a SS problem.  I have a decent internet link, its BT Infinity2 and a laptop speed test reports 68Mb down & 15 Mb up, with a ping of <1 ms.

Been through the SS troubleshooting guide - no clues there

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Try turning off 4G on the phones settings and see if having the phone search only for 3G helps which the Sure Signal pushes out. 

It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. Even if lights / power are showing. They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have now tried both these suggestions, and I am afraid they have mad no difference to the problem.  The only way I can get the phone to connect to the SS cell is after rebooting both devices (SS, then phone)

A bit of an update ...

Individually, as I posted earlier the 2 suggestions didnt make any difference, but when applied together, I have a working configuraton again.  So, by changing the PSU to the SS and switching off 4G on the phone, I can make calls again in my home via the SS.

My only whinge now is I have a shiny new 4G phone; which I cant use 4G on  at home.  Does anybody know what Vodafones plans are around SS & 4G?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@agdunkley We're glad to hear this worked. 

We don't currently have any plans of implementing 4G services with our Sure Signal device. 

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.