Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone won't connect to SS v1 since power cut several days ago

AJH1963
2: Seeker

Hi,  Am hoping someone here can help me.  There was a 6hr power cut here last week and since then my phone has not picked up a 3G signal from my Sure Signal v1.  I've tried rebooting both the router and the Sure Signal as per instructions,  I've rebooted my phone (iPhone 5C) several times.  I called tech support and they said that I had to get my ISP to do port forwarding and they sent me instructions to pass on.  I called my ISP who said Vodafone had a nerve as it wasn't their job to do the port forwarding!  However they agreed to do it this time, I rebooted both my router and SS again after this......  To cut a long story short, the Sure Signal is connecting fine and lights 1,2, and 4 are all lit (as they were before my ISP did the port forwarding, so I don't think that's the problem), but still my phone is picking up no signal at all. I went onto my account to manage my sure signal - I was getting texts and emails telling me my SS had been moved (it hadn't - those messages are so annoying) and of course when I try to confirm the postcode it keeps telling me I already have a SS registered to that postcode - grrrrrr.  And I cannot delete my phone and re-add it as I am the admin and it's the only phone on the account.  

This has been going on for several days now and I'm still unable to use my phone at home.

ANY HELP or advice gratefully received, thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

AJH1963

....forgot to say - YES I've seen the troubleshooting thread and have tried everything,,,,,

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi AJH1963,

Powercuts can sometimes put the Sure Signal out of sync with our servers. 

Let me know your serial number and we'll attempt a manual re-sync from here. Alternatively, de-registering and re-registering your Sure Signal will also have the same effect. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Hi  Ben,

Tech support said they would do a re-sync but it doesn't seem to have had any effect (they said the lights would flash for up to an hour, but that never happened, so perhaps the sync did not take place).  The serial numer is 21227729023 - thanks

I went onto my account but don't seem to be able to de-register it or even confirm my post code (I just get a message saying I can't register another SS at the same address, which is obviously not what I am trying to do!).  My number is the admin number so I can't remove it and re-register it either.

Many thanks for your help :Smiling:

Amanda

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks Amanda,

It looks like it's actually the firmware that needs a little nudge. I'm pushing an update through for you manually.

I'll just need you to keep your Sure Signal connected for the next 24 hours. After that point, you may need to reset any phones you have using the device. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Thanks SO much Ben!  I will report back tomorrow! :Smiling:

A