Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phones not connecting

arjarj
4: Newbie

My Sure Signal (V1) was working today until I upgraded to a new router (so I can get FTTC). I've setup all the port forwarding and the LED's look OK, LED l, 2 and 4 are all solid on and green. None of my phones (which were all registered and working earlier today) will connect now. I wonder if it's because I've switched ISP from BT to PlusNet. Can you check at your end to make sure everything is ok. Perhaps change of IP address has confused your end? Can you do a reset at your end? Can you force latest firmware?

Andrew

8 REPLIES 8

arjarj
4: Newbie

I notice you often ask for this information when looking at these problems. Here is my data:

6,15Mbps download

0.35 upload

Ping 26ms

Ping 24ms

Jitter 1ms

External IP : 80.229.160.95

Serial Number : 21223167558

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  VIGOR [192.168.65.254]
  2    21 ms    21 ms    21 ms  lo0-central10.ptw-ag01.plus.net [195.166.128.195
]
  3    22 ms    21 ms    21 ms  link-a-central10.ptw-gw01.plus.net [212.159.2.14
4]
  4    21 ms    22 ms    21 ms  xe-4-2-0.ptw-cr01.plus.net [212.159.0.240]
  5    22 ms    22 ms    26 ms  ldngw1.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.209]
  6    22 ms    25 ms    22 ms  85.205.0.86
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

I have the following NAT Open Ports redirecting to the Sure Signal device (Vigor 2860 adsl/vdsl router)

TCP/UDP 8

TCP/UDP 50

UDP 123

UDP 500

TCP/UDP 1723

UDP 4500

Please can you help me sort this out ASAP as I have no signal otherwise.

Thanks

Andrew

cineriv
16: Advanced member

Hi Andrew,

Everything looks ok and if the 4th. (tick) led is on and steady you should have the 3G signal.

Your upload speed is a bit iffy, but otherwise everything  looks fine and you are connected to the VF servers otherwise the 4th. light would not be on.

Have you tried re-booting your phones?

Good luck.

Mike.

Mike, Yes I've rebooted everything, the phones, ADSL router (75Mbps coming next week!!!) and the Sure Signal. I've done a factory reset on the Sure Signal too. All make no difference, still no 3G on the phones (that were working earlier in the day when I was plugged into a different ADSL line). I'm fairly sure the Sure Signal is connected OK (hence the 4th LED) but nothing on the phones. It leads me to think it's a config setting at the Vodafone end (perhaps because my IP address changed when I switched ADSL's). How do I contact someone at Vodafone to check?

Andrew

cineriv

Hmm! that's an odd one!

I doubt if it's down to a change in the IP address, dynamic IP addresses change every time you re-boot the router, that doesn't prevent the SS from working!

Probably the quickest way to get a result is to use Live Chat,

I've never used it myself, but it might be worth a try.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/index.htm

Otherwise you'll have to wait for a member of the Tech Team to respond.

Good Luck,

Mike.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @arjarj

Everything you’ve posted looks fine, so I’ve arranged for an update to be sent through to your Sure Signal.

This can take up to 24 hours, so please don’t disconnect your Sure Signal during this time.

After 24 hours, restart your phone and if it’s still not working, reset your Sure Signal.

Thanks,

Jenny

Still no 3G signal I'm afraid. I've tried a SS reboot, router reboot, phone reboot. SS V1 LED 1, 2 and 4 all solid, green and on. Any other ideas?

One strange thing I notice...I actually have two SureSignals, one at home and one at work. From the "My Sure Signal" page I click on "View Dashboard" which enables a new menu "Sure Signal History". On the SS that does not work I get a "Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes."  The other SureSignal, the one that does work, does not display an error and shows a list of numbers along with the dates I added them.

It makes me wonder if there is something screwed up on your database associated with the non-working SS?

Another weird thing. When I log onto Vodafone My Account I always see a "Unfortunately we were unable to complete your registration process due to a problem with your account. Please contact Customer Services on 0845 440 2074." message on the main post-login start page. Again I don't know if it's related but might give you something else to check.

Andrew

Thank you level 3 support person! I saw you updating and restarting the SS. Following the restart all my phones immediately started connecting with 3G again. Thanks. It's just a real shame one has to spend many hours over 4 days dealing with the call centre driods before getting to someone who can actually solve the problem. Thanks.

Andrew