Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phones won't reconnect to SureSignal

WillOB
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We have users with both iPhones and Galaxy S5 who all find that they can only get a connection to the SureSignal by switching their phone briefly to Flight mode then switching it off again, but if they leave the building and then return at another time they get no connection to the S/S unless they repeat this rigmarole again. This is daft: is there a solution?

7 REPLIES 7

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @WillOB

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Jenny

Jenny,

This issue is not restricted to a single SureSignal: it occurs in multiple offices in different locations, so I struggle to see how the results you request from one SureSignal can address the broader issue: it appears to be a generic problem.

Regards,

William

William
I agree. I have the same issue. My two registered guests do not connect unless flight mode is selected and then deselected. This has to be done every time the phones return to the sure signal area.

John D

Hi @WillOB and @jddavisuk

Please follow the instructions provided by Jenny, and we can rule out some Sure Signal issues.

If you need to check your registered guests, you can contact us via Live help.

Thanks,

Jamian 

Jenny / Jamian,

I have the same problem quoted here. Apologies for being frank, but there is nothing wrong with the connection from Vodafone <-> Virgin Media <-> My router <-> my sure signal. The problem is between the sure signal (v2) and the phones, trace routes and pings won’t help at all with this issue.

I spent a lot of time with the sure signal team after my wife had issues with her new micro sim and 4G Samsung S5 mini. That’s all sorted now and bar having to turn off 4G, it works.

My iPhone 4S which has worked fine with the sure signal for 3 years is now playing up since the VF team tinkered with the sure signal.

I have a weak signal in my area, so when it's nearly out of signal, I can call voicemail and it connects, but the sure signal phone light doesn't come on. If I go to flight mode for a few seconds and back on, it goes straight to full signal, and a call to voicemail routes through the sure signal and lights up the phone icon.

Has there been a software / firmware change recently? 

On a side note, how do I do a full reset on a version 2?

Add me as another victim who is suffering from this problem, My SS3 has exactly the same issue in that it will not auto connect when I return home. Airplance mode does fix it but it is crazy that we should need to remember to do this. I have had a SS3 for nearly a year and I have never had to do the airplane trick until recently. Keep an eye on my post to see if they give me a resolution: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SS3-lights-all-ok-but-phone-not-connecting/td-p...

Cheers.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @jbozward

I'm not aware of any general issues given the low amount of posts we've had with those symptoms.

Has a replacement SIM been attempted for your number?

If so, have you already tried de-registering and registering the Sure Signal again?

This has the same effect as a full reset, if using the button by the Ethernet outlet doesn't work.

Thanks,

Ben