Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Please Re-Sync my Sure Signal

tjm397
2: Seeker

I have just changed handsets and as such have a new nano sim for my iPhone 5.

Unfortunetly, my home Suresignal V1 unit is not recognising the new sim and hence not allowing me to connect with 3G. I am able to connect at 3G to sure signal units at my place of work which shows that the new sim is registered to the vodafone systems but is not being picked up by my home sure signal unit.

My wifes phone, is able to connect at 3G to our home unit which shows that this is functioning correctly.

I have tried the recommended steps for a factory reset on the unit but this is not working.

Similar issues on the forum seem to suggest that a vodafone re-sync is required so I would ask if you could please do this.

SureSignal unit: 21197146281

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

UPDATE:

I took my non-functiong SS v1 to work today and plugged it in next other working SS boxes.

After 5mins I had solid power light and after 10 I had power and light 2 solid. Light 4 flashed for 5 mins then went off.

I figured that this would just take time to get going.

I brought the unit home and plugged it back into my netgear DGND4000 router.

After 2 hours of solid power and light 2, light 4 eventually came on and I now have 3G on my phone.

Answer: SSv1 is NOT compatible with Netgear DGND4000 dsl router for initial startup. However, once this has been achieved on another line, it is capable of building the tunnel and offering 3G on the original line. Not sure what part of the initial start-up config process it has a problem with as I have detailed all the things I tried with it including port forwarding, dmz hosting the internal IP, switching off QoS, open and strict NAT, allowing WAN side pinging etc...

From this point on I know that:

If I change the owner SIM for the SS I will need to re-provision the SS on a different line.

If I add additonal guest numbers, these will filter down to the SS ok and not require a re-provision.

Lets hope I don't change my SIM anytime soon.

Thanks for the help. I hope this can be of use for others.

View solution in original position

26 REPLIES 26

Hi Ben,

yes, resynch has worked fine thanks all running again,

thanks

bennyartois

I have given up with my sure signal, it has never worked right, biggest waste of money.

prendo
Please sync my nano sim to my sure signal serial no 40114011961

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi prendo,

Welcome to the eForum. 

Unfortunately, 40114011961 isn't a recognised serial number. If you've had a new SIM though, de-registering your Sure Signal and registering it again after an hour will be much quicker than asking us to sync your unit. :Smiling:

If you're still having issues, take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. You can then then post back your results if you’re not directed elsewhere.

Cheers, Ben

Please can I add another serial to be re-synced please - 40134622899

I got a VSS for my parents, left them to register it, but not sure what they did as they're not too techie :Smiling:

Therefore, I've registered it on my account so I can manage it for them which I thought would be easier in the long run :Winking_smiley:

Thanks.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi WannabeMKll,

Thanks for posting.

I can see that the Sure Signal made contact with the network at 06:56pm yesterday (after your post).

Please can you confirm if everything’s ok?

Thanks,

Gemma

@Gemma wrote:

Hi WannabeMKll,

Thanks for posting.

I can see that the Sure Signal made contact with the network at 06:56pm yesterday (after your post).

Please can you confirm if everything’s ok?

Thanks,

Gemma

Thanks for checking. I can confirm it's working! 🙂