Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Please Re-Sync my Sure Signal

captfathead
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I've never managed to make my sure signal work. It's been 18 months now and I've just about given up...

It does now work for other peoples handsets at my house - just not mine as the registered owner. Could you please re-sync my device in a final attempt to actualy use my mobile phone at home.

Sure Signal serial number: 40120936436

Chers,

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dave,

Thank you for the help. I now have only the one steady light - but I have a phone signal at home now! Brilliant.

All seems to working OK now - I'll try adding additional handsets now.

Cheers,

Phil

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Phil,

Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Cheers, Ben

Hi there,

Apologies, I shoud have been more specific. In the past 18 months I have exhausted pretty much everything that I can think of, I have been through the forums and tried several dead ends numerous times. I have been through all of the FAQ's with no success.

This is my 4th attempt at getting the problem solved using tech support. I have previously sent emails and used the live online help. This is my second sure signal and I still can not get it to work.

Cheers,

Phil

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi captfathead,

As this is working for other numbers, it suggests the connection itself is fine.

I've done a resync, so can you try a factory reset for me?

For Sure Signal version 1 or 2:

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

For Sure Signal version 3:

• Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

I can also see you're tried deregistering and re-registering today. If the resync doesn't help, can you try this again, only this time wait about an hour before re-registering to allow the system to fully refresh?

Dave

If I've helped at all today, why not leave me a little feedback?

Hello,

Sorry it's taken so long to reply. I have tried all the steps and now no phones works with my sure signal. This has been a retrograde step and  is incredibly frustrating.

Please, Please, Please can it be made to work? Even as it was - so that at least my other family members have the ability to use mobiles phones at opur home address!

Phil

Hi captfathead,

That suggests something more is happening now. I've done a resync to refresh everything, so can you try another Sure Signal reset so it picks that up for me?

Can you also check that all the numbers have been re-added? Your post suggets there should be more than I can see registered at the moment.

If these issues persist, can you confirm a bit more information so we can try and pin down what's happening now?

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Dave

Dave,

Have tried a full reset with no success. I have the following results:

IP address 87.115.11.87

Ping 92 ms

Spped Test Down load 6.19 Mbps, Up load 0.38 Mbps

I'm not sure how to do a VSS traceroute command? I'm using an iMac.

Phil

Hi Phil,

I’ve checked your Sure Signal serial number and it connected to our servers at 03:07 today. Are any of the registered phones now able to connect?

Do you have any other devices on your network that use the connection?

The Sure Signal needs a minimum of 0.3Mbps upload speed to maintain a connection to our servers. If it falls below this, the connection will drop.

Here are the Traceroute instructions for a Mac:

• Open Terminal (Applications, Utilities)
  • Type traceroute 212.183.133.177 and press enter

Once we have this information, it’ll help us to get a resolution for you.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi there,

Still not working on any handset.  Thank you for the traceroute info, here's the results:

traceroute to 212.183.133.177 (212.183.133.177), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
1 192.168.2.1 (192.168.2.1) 4.874 ms 0.698 ms 0.796 ms
2 lo0-central10.pcl-ag01.plus.net (195.166.128.182) 16.439 ms 16.579 ms 70.182 ms
3 link-a-central10.pcl-gw01.plus.net (212.159.2.160) 70.184 ms 70.935 ms 85.901 ms
4 192.core.access.plus.net (212.159.0.192) 72.175 ms 69.844 ms 84.235 ms
5 * * *
6 ldngw1.arcor-ip.net (195.66.224.209) 71.562 ms 72.109 ms 72.983 ms
7 85.205.116.14 (85.205.116.14) 71.423 ms 71.455 ms 71.996 ms
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 * *

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for that. It's a little high on the later steps but well within the speeds needed. The trace reaches our servers too, which is a good sign.

Looking again over the information in this thread, I noticed that your first post coincides with when you de-registered and re-registered the Sure Signal. To at least get you back to that point, can you try doing that again, waiting for at least an hour before re-registering?

If we can get back to that point we'll know the connection is definitely working and can look at the issue with the one handset. If it doesn't allow the others to connect, we'll start looking for something more general.

Dave