Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Please Re-Sync my Sure Signal

tjm397
2: Seeker

I have just changed handsets and as such have a new nano sim for my iPhone 5.

Unfortunetly, my home Suresignal V1 unit is not recognising the new sim and hence not allowing me to connect with 3G. I am able to connect at 3G to sure signal units at my place of work which shows that the new sim is registered to the vodafone systems but is not being picked up by my home sure signal unit.

My wifes phone, is able to connect at 3G to our home unit which shows that this is functioning correctly.

I have tried the recommended steps for a factory reset on the unit but this is not working.

Similar issues on the forum seem to suggest that a vodafone re-sync is required so I would ask if you could please do this.

SureSignal unit: 21197146281

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

UPDATE:

I took my non-functiong SS v1 to work today and plugged it in next other working SS boxes.

After 5mins I had solid power light and after 10 I had power and light 2 solid. Light 4 flashed for 5 mins then went off.

I figured that this would just take time to get going.

I brought the unit home and plugged it back into my netgear DGND4000 router.

After 2 hours of solid power and light 2, light 4 eventually came on and I now have 3G on my phone.

Answer: SSv1 is NOT compatible with Netgear DGND4000 dsl router for initial startup. However, once this has been achieved on another line, it is capable of building the tunnel and offering 3G on the original line. Not sure what part of the initial start-up config process it has a problem with as I have detailed all the things I tried with it including port forwarding, dmz hosting the internal IP, switching off QoS, open and strict NAT, allowing WAN side pinging etc...

From this point on I know that:

If I change the owner SIM for the SS I will need to re-provision the SS on a different line.

If I add additonal guest numbers, these will filter down to the SS ok and not require a re-provision.

Lets hope I don't change my SIM anytime soon.

Thanks for the help. I hope this can be of use for others.

View solution in original position

26 REPLIES 26

thanks Andy,
Unfortunately this hasn't worked. Have called the tec team today and they have re-synced it again. They say they can see it's working but for some reason, since we've changed the handset it won't work. Any ideas?

T

Good Morning Usatourhouse, 

Your Sure Signal was running an older Firmware version but a new version was sent to you yesterday. This can take up to 24 hours to complete. 

Can you do another reset for me after 12.30 today if it's still not working? 

Let me know how you get on, 

Kay

thanks Andy,
Unfortunately this hasn't worked. Have called the tec team today and they have re-synced it again. They say they can see it's working but for some reason, since we've changed the handset it won't work. Any ideas?

T

jrstewart

Hi,

My V3 sure signal died a death last week which you replaced.

The new one is all over the place, with disconnections, flashing power lights etc.

I use this for my business and it needs sorting as if this carries on and i have no or poor coverage I will have to look elsewhere.

Serial number 40131156321

speed test download 4.86mb/s upload 0.87mb/s

ping 31ms jitter 3ms

ext IP 86.176.214.235

C:\Users\Richard> tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 4 ms 5 ms 4 ms BThomehub.home [192.168.1.254]
2 24 ms 25 ms 26 ms 217.32.147.5
3 33 ms 25 ms 27 ms 217.32.147.46
4 29 ms 33 ms 33 ms 213.120.177.66
5 28 ms 27 ms 28 ms 217.41.168.251
6 28 ms 30 ms 30 ms 217.41.168.109
7 28 ms 29 ms 30 ms 109.159.249.236
8 37 ms 44 ms 33 ms core2-te0-15-0-4.faraday.ukcore.bt.net [109.159.
249.153]
9 29 ms 30 ms 29 ms peer1-xe8-2-1.telehouse.ukcore.bt.net [213.121.1
93.137]
10 33 ms 30 ms 32 ms lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
11 32 ms 30 ms 31 ms 85.205.116.6
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Hi tjm397

Thanks for the update and I’m glad to see that everything’s working okay for you now.

Hi jrstewart

Your traceroute, speed and ping tests are absolutely fine. Your Sure Signal last connected to the server at 4:50am yesterday (16th August).

What light sequence are you seeing on your Sure Signal?

Thanks

Simon

Hi,
This morning no lights at all, not even the power light so I pressed the reset for 30 seconds and it has fired back up, red power and first two white lights are on.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jrstewart,

Everything’s looking fine from this end so I’ve resynced this for you today.

Please complete this by performing a factory reset as follows:

-Locate the button on the base of the box next to the Ethernet ports.

-Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.

-Once the lights come back on, release the button.

The Sure Signal will be back online in around 1 hour.

Thanks,

Jenny 

Hi Jenny,

My sure signal is all lit up but no users light and no 3g on phone,

tried reseting and turning phone off and on?

Starting to look like a waste of money to me?

bennyartois
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

HI there,

got solid red light and flashing white worls for the last efw days despite resetting several times. last time you did a resync and it worked, could you again please?

thanks

Ben

VSS version 3 number 40131571081

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

jrstewart - I've checked your serial and it's saying we've not had contact still since the 18th. It could be down to the replacement unit you've had not getting your old profile. Could you completely de-register your Sure Signal online, leave it for about an hour then register it fresh for me? 

If you're still struggling, can you let me know why your last Sure Signal was swapped and if that ever worked previously too?

bennyartois - I've performed a resynchronisation for you. Let me know the result once you've reset the unit your end and left it for an hour. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben