cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Please Reset - global reset didn't work for me, Lights 1,2 &4 are steady, but no signal

iscotter
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Please could you reset - I hoped that the reset you applied globally today would resolve, but it hasn't. It's a Suresignal 1 Lights are normal 1,2 & 4 are steady But two phones cannot get a signal requested details below many thanks Your speed test results from here. Ping 24ms Download 6.18 Mbps Upload 0.39Mbps Your ping test results from here. Line Quality A, 26ms Ping, 2ms jitter 0% loss 50 miles Your external IP address from here. 86.165.93.255 The results of a traceroute. - attached as pdf file, but shows timing out at Vodafone end many thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi iscotter, 

Can you let me know your Sure Signal serial number? 

Thanks, 

Kay

Hi Kay

Sorry

Suresignal serial number is:

Thanks

Iain

Hi iscotter,

I've done the resync now for you. Give the Sure Signal a fresh reset for me:

• Remove the Ethernet cable from the Sure signal.
  • Hold down the reset button until all the lights show (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead.
  • Once all lights display release the reset button.
  • Plug the cable back in.
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around 1 hour.

Dave

That hasn't worked - same as before. I did the reset as described yesterday afternoon at 4 ish. No signal detected on 3 phones later in the evening, so reset again. No signal detected on 3 phones this morning. Please advise next step Thanks

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi iscotter,

Thanks for the update. Which model phones is it you're struggling to connect with the Sure Signal? Have they all got 3G switched on in the phone settings? Are other phones able to connect or are these the only 3 you've had a chance to try?

Another thing we could try in a manual firmware update this end. We'd need you to ensure the Sure Signal remains connected with no resets for at least 48 hours from us applying it. Could you let me know if you're happy for us to do this before we do so?

Cheers, Ben

Thanks Ben 3 phones are Samsung GT19300 Android 4.1.2 - Samsung GT6810P Android 4.1.2 - Nokia E52 - All three phones pick up a 3G data signal when they get to the top of the hill, and lose it on the way back. Which is why we have a SureSignal (only person who has ever had a mobile phone call here was the tiler on the roof one day! All three phones are regular connectors to this SS over the years. Please go ahead with the firmware upgrade. I can't guarantee power or broadband signal obviously, but I won't reset. How do i know when it should be resolved, and what do I do then?

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi iscotter,

Thanks for confirming. I've set up the request for you so the firmware is on its way down. It'll take about 24 hours for it to complete and you may see different light sequences during this time.

If you could reset the phones this time tomorrow and let me know it's working that would be great. Keep an eye on the devices as it might not even take the full 24 hours.

You won't need to reset the Sure Signal. A mentioned before, try not to disconnect it in the meantime as I don't want to brick your device. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Thanks Ben, you're a miracle worker.

My phone lit up only an hour after you posted that message.

I hope that's not a false dawn - Or did the update finish in one hour what you expected to take 24 hrs?

Fingers crossed