Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Please help!! red power light on permanently, white internet flashing

jax2210
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Guys, my first time on here and I am not techy person son please bear with me ...

red power light on permanently, white internet flashing _ has been for days despite whatever we do ...

facts!

- everyone in house on Vodafone but no signal at all hence we need the sure signal ...

- have had a sure signal box for a couple of years now, had problems initially and ended up changing the router to link it all together whic worked ..

- sure signal packed up a couple of days agao, bught a new one which will NOT WORK  - HELP NEEDED PLEASE 

- Have spent hours aon the phoe to Vodafone _ long story short _ all they say is wait 24 hours _ but nothing changes 

was told to speak to bt (our internet provider) re following

Dear Customer, Kindly go back to the Internet service provider to check the following if not working in max. of 24hrs. VSS needed requirement 1 The download Speed is not less than 1.00Mbps, upload speed not less than 0.36Mbps. www.speedtest.net 2 Some ports needs being enabled to allow connect, They are ports no. - 123 TCP UDP - 8 TCP UDP - 50 TCP UDP - 500 TCP UDP - 4500 TCP UDP -1723 TCP UDP BT internet provider only You have to be enabled for TCB and UDP, Also have to assign a static IP address that related to the MAC address that s on the Vodafone Sure signal box then enable the firewall for the provided ports. 3 The internet protocol connection should be PPPoA 4 Latency should be less than 100 MS Kind Regards. Vodafone A Network to depend on

spoke to BT who went it remotely checking everything and opening up all the ports - all fine there ...

can anyone please talk me through what to do now, am happy to pay someone to come out and fix it -

desperate of Surrey ......

have read some other posts re this problem, my router is a netgear DGND3700  .. we changed to this in order for our first sure signal box to work (the stand up version) which it did ....

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jax2210, 

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Kay

hi there

many thanks for helping ...

speed 5.70 mbps

ping test - couldn't connect _ says firewall could be blocking connection

ip address 31.51.6.170

sure signal serial number 40131579654

have mac not pc so not sure how to do last thing ...

jax

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jax2210, 

Thanks for supplying this information. 

It's likely the firewall is also causing the issue with your Sure Signal. Could you turn the firewall off as a test to see if this makes a difference? 

Let me know how you get on. 

Kay

hi, i have been on this site for help with the same problem, i'm not very technical so i bit the bullet and bought a new ss3, but when i plugged it in it didn't work either!!!

so i rang bt back, and asked them to forward the ports as vodafone had told me to do. (i have already done this once and they said they couldn't help) but for a change i spoke to a very helpful man, who admitted that the advisors aren't trained for such things but he had a little knowledge about such things, so he would give it a go!

i have written down exactly what he did...he screen shared my computer, and it was all pretty simple. we are now up and running!!!

here goes...it's worth a try!!

type in the address bar, 192.168.1.254/ (there was no www.)

click on settings, you may need to put in your admin password before this which can be found on your router)

and scroll through games consoles etc to VNC

then click enter or whatever it says (no dont need to search for your device in the second box)

then at the top of the screen click on DMZ

click Enable yes

then it gives you an option of devices - mine was down as unknown followed by the MAC address which is on the back of your sure signal box.

then apply.

my SS box was working again within seconds!!

the problem is apparently down to an update Bt have done.

i'm still on a high after speaking to someone from bt that is actually helpful!!!!

I hope this helps more people too!!