Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Please help with Sure Signal V3 and BT Infinity

hjcrichard
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Save my sanity please.

I have replaced my old sure signal with a new V3. I have BT infinity through HomeHub 3.0 /EchoLife HG612. The sure signal is registered.

The sure signal will not go beyond stage on of installation ie "connecting". 

I am reasonably competent with setting up routers etc. so if anyone can point me to an installation guide or give instruction I would be very grateful.

I should also say that telephone support were very unhelpful, stating that technical personel do not speak to customers?!?!?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Does anything in the faqs help. 

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Network-and-coverage/Sure-Signal/38911145/How-do-I-register-and-set-u...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks, but no there isn't anything there that will help

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@hjcrichard,

Please make sure the Smart Setup is disabled on your router and the following ports are open;

• 50 (TCP & UDP)
  • 53  (TCP & UDP)
  • 67 (UDP)
  • 68 (UDP) 
  • 123 (UDP)
  • 500 (UDP)
  • 1723 (TCP & UDP)
  • 4500 (UDP)
  • 33434 - 33445 (UDP)

IP addresses to be allowed on the router & firewall

• 183.133.177-179
  • 183.133.181-182
  • 183.131.128-191

I can see it's registered successfully, so once the above steps have been followed please perform a reset:

It's okay, I managed to sort it by assigning a new device and port forwarding rules.

The above is another classic case of generic information not specific to the Home Hub 3

Here is how to do it.....

1. Get the MAC number off the back of the sure signal

2. Open up the BT "Hub Manager" application on your desktop and go to Advanced Settings > Home Network > Devices

3. Find the device with the same MAC and click on it to rename it somethign a little easier to remember (1st pic below)

4. Go back to Advances Settings and then click Port Fowarding > Supported Applications and click on "add new game or application"

5. Set up the definitions as shown in the second pic below and name it 

6. Go back to Advanced Settings > Home Network and click on the renamed  Sure Signal device and select the new application you just created in the Port Forwarding dropdown (3rd pic)

7. Hard reset your Sure Signal by depressing and holding the reset button while you power off and back on. Keep reset pressed until the red power light comes on.

8. Sit and wait patiently.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@hjcrichard Thanks for letting us know how you managed to resolve the issue. 

hi can you help with Home hub 6 settings

thanks

Jason

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Buckler1972 :smileyhappy: For help with this please speak with your Internet Service Provider.