Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Please stop postcode/address reminders

DeanUK
4: Newbie

Hi there

Can a member of the tech team please stop the address/postcode reminder being sent for VSSv1 serial number 21196795989.  The correct post code is a GL10 postcode NOT the account address postcode.  This has been dealt with by a member of the tech team recently but I am still getting the reminders.

Many thanks

Dean

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Remember that the reminders are caused by an IP address change by your ISP.  Have you tried changing the postcode to a different one, leaving it for a little while, and then changing it back to the correct one. 

PWIAC

The SS v1 did move address (and ISP) and I updated the postcode details straight away.

I was then notified that the postcode had changed when the firmware was updated.  A helpful member of the tech team updated the postcode again (to the wrong postcode) and I corrected it again.  In turn another member of the tech team confirmed that the postcodes were correct yet I still get reminders.

So in answer to your question, it has been updated to the correct postcode several times.

Could a member of the tech team stop the messages please???

Thanks.

drey_p

@DeanUK wrote:

The SS v1 did move address (and ISP)

If this is a new connection with the ISP, the actual IP address can change a few times whilst things settle down.  Each time it changes the SureSignal will think it is a different address. 

PWIAC

Hi there

Thanks for getting back to me

So should I just leave it then?  There has been a few power cuts over the last week and so I think a new IP address might be issued each time - perhaps that is what is doing it!

Thanks again

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi DeanUK,

drey_p is spot on and the power cuts may be causing this too.

You could test as drey_p mentioned above again (change the postcode to a different one and then change it back to the correct one).

Thanks,

Gemma