Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor signal

jefflawson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I changed from an Orange contract to Vodaphone and was told by ther mobile shop that the coverage at my post code was equally good. However, I cannot get any signal in my kitchen, where I make most of my calls. I have to stand by my front door. I got 5 bars with Orange. The shop tells me I can get a Sure Signal box which will resolve my problems but it seems it will cost me £100 when I looked at the Vodaphone website. Surely this is wrong and to get a resonable signal I should get a booster (or whatever it's called) for free. I'm happy to stay with Vodaphone but only if I can get a signal in all places in my house. Please help. Jeff

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Have you taken a look at the Coverage Checker to get an indication of what the signal may be like in your area?  One thing to realise is that, depending on where the transmitter is and the construction of the building, it may not be possible for you to get strong signal every where in your home.

If you do want a SureSignal device - you can purchase one as Vodafone don't give them away for free. If you aren't happy and are within the 7 day cooling off period, then you can return your phoen and cancel your contract without penalty.

PWIAC

I had good signal coverage all over my house with Orange. Network checks tell me I should should have good coverage with Vodaphone but I don't. My house was built of stone in 1750 with 24 inch thick walls. Not a problem for Orange transmitters but obviosly a problem for Vodaphone transmitters. What to do? Jeff

drey_p

If you have walls that thick, I am not surprised you have signal issues.  As above, if you are in the 7 day cooling off period, and aren't happy, you can return your phone and cancel your contract.  If you are outside of the cooling off period, then you can't do much other than purchase a SureSignal if you want signal inside.

PWIAC

Unfortunately I've had my Vodaphone contract for some months now. I just put up with the problem until now when I passed the shop I purchased the contract. Thanks for your help. Regards, Jeff

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jefflawson

The construction may be a large factor in your coverage issues.

So we can be sure it's not anything else such as a fault in the area, please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you are still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you ASAP.

Thanks

DaveCD