Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Postcode change

jimwillsher
4: Newbie

If I get another email or SMS messsage telling me that my SureSignal has moved, I swear I will chuck the ###### thing in the bin! It has NOT moved, I have NOT moved house, my ISP has NOT changed, my IP address has NOT changed, my router has NOT reconnected, I have NOT power-cycled the unit.

Please, disable these damned SMS messages telling me that my Suresignal (40111331688) has moved when it has not. I'm sick of having to enter fictitious postcodes to change it and change it back.

Annoyed!

Jim

5 REPLIES 5

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jim.

We're unable to disable the SMS service.

Often it is because your ISP is making small changes which would usually not affect your normal services, and they can do this without advising you.

Contact your ISP to see if they can shed some light.

DaveCD

Hi Dave

I'm a techy guy, please can you tell me what "changes" the ISP could make that could possibly trigger your system to think that my device has moved? I have a static IP, and the technical contact details for the RIPE address block have not changed.

I've had this SS for several years and have never had any false positives in all that time - until about three weeks ago, and since then I've had two.

Looking forward to some information please. In the meantime I've "blocked caller" on my iPhone and added a blocking entry in my Postfix mail server.

Jim

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jimwilsher,

This is normally triggered by an IP range change at the back end.

If the routing of the data packets have been changed (rather than the fixed IP address), this can also trigger it.

I’ve updated your location profile today which will stop the messages from being sent.

James

Perfect, many thanks James. "routing of the data packets have been changed" sounds a but dubious, given the nature of routing tables etc., but if I stop getting the nags then that's fine with me 🙂

Many thanks

Jim

Hi jimwilsher,

I'm glad James was able to help. If you need any further support, let us know :Smiling:

Thanks,

Matt B