Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Power cut and SS1 hasn't resynched

windy-ward
4: Newbie

Good morning

We had a power cut whilst I was on holiday and niow I cannot get the SS box to play nicely, will you force a resync manually please.

SS 2120681096

Is there a problem with SS1 and a BT Home Hub 4. I had problems a few weeks ago when I had to disconnect my broadband feed which was evemtually sorted out with a manual resync.

Thanks

Alan

21 REPLIES 21

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi guys,

AlanI’m sorry to see you’re still having problems with your Sure Signal.

So that we can help further, please let us know what light sequence you’re now getting.

Dibsey, please get back to us with your serial number and we’ll look into this.

Thanks,

Jenny

I have actually started a new thread on this so apologies for any confusion but here are my details.

As posted yesterday around 1:30pm 

Having read other posts I'll add the information that seems to be de rigueur in these matters

Sure Signal : Serial 21196917666

IP : 78.143.214.216

Packet Loss Test : 0% 

Ping : 41ms 

Jitter : 1ms

Overall Result & Grade : 'A' 

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     2 ms     1 ms    <1 ms  home [192.168.1.254]

2     2 ms    44 ms    39 ms  213.130.147.49

3    43 ms    41 ms    39 ms  bdr5.lon-th1.as8401.net [195.82.97.237]

4    44 ms    43 ms    41 ms  gi8-27.mag02.lon01.atlas.cogentco.com [149.6.3.5]

5    43 ms    43 ms    43 ms  te0-7-0-5.ccr21.lon01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.74.109]

6    44 ms    45 ms    43 ms  4.68.70.73

7    43 ms    43 ms    49 ms  vl-3602-ve-226.csw2.London1.Level3.net [4.69.166.149]

8    44 ms    43 ms    41 ms  ae-231-3607.edge4.London1.Level3.net [4.69.166.25]

9    66 ms    67 ms    66 ms  195.50.122.66

10    65 ms    64 ms    63 ms  85.205.116.10

11     *        *        *     Request timed out.

12     *        *        *     Request timed out.

13     *        *        *     Request timed out.

14     *        *        *     Request timed out.

15     *        *        *     Request timed out.

16     *        *        *     Request timed out.

17     *        *        *     Request timed out.

18     *        *        *     Request timed out.

19     *        *        *     Request timed out.

20     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

Dibsey - I can see from your duplicate post here that all has now been sorted as of last night. :Smiling:

windy-ward - Much of this will be down to IP reallocation each time the power cuts out. I understand it's frustrating but I trust once the construction work you're having done is complete, we won't need to keep manually synchronising this for you.

Cheers, Ben

Unfortunately we are subject to one or two power cuts a year where we live. Having to go through the re sync performance every time will be tedious.

Alan

I think we have seen the last of the power interruptions, at least due to building work. Will you please initiate a manual resynchronisation.

Are the later versions of the SS box any more able to cope with power interuptions?

Thanks

Alan

Hi Alan,

I’ve resynced your Sure Signal for you now.

To make sure it completes, follow the reset process in my post above.

All three Sure Signal versions deal with power interruptions in the same way.

It’s likely that whichever version you have, a resync will be needed after a power cut.

Thanks

Andrew

Three resets later and the thing still isn't working. I cannot believe in this day and age that a device is so poor that it cannot cope with a power cut, if as you say the SS service relies on a fixed IP address there is something fundamentally wrong with it. Most ISP's don't offer fixed IP addresses to any one except businesses, I haven't had any service in my house for 5 weeks now this isn't good enough. Come on Vodafone what are you doing to solve the SS problems. May be I should go somewhere else for my mobile phone network, a small protest that I can't imagine anyone in Vodafone noticing or caring about.

Alan

Hi windy-ward, 

The Sure Signal did connect to our servers this morning, is it working now? 

If it's not working could you possibly try it on a different Internet connection (at a friends or family members house) so that we can rule out a fault with the Sure Signal? 

Let me know how you get on, 

Kay

No it's not working.

The service is a disgrace, I've spent far too long trying to reseting the thing. The best place for the SS box is the bin, it's not heavy enough to make a goo door stop. I think I'm going to switch to Three, their newtork covers my part of the village.

Alan

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi windy-ward,

I'm sorry to see you're still having problems. 

Please try this on another connection as this will help us determine if the fault lies with the Sure signal or the connection.

Thanks,

Jenny