Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Power cut

Stephen1950
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My VSS 3 went out yesterday in a power cut. I did the usual reset, including unplugging power cable, ethernet cable and holding Reset for at least 30 seconds as advised in the forums. After 13hours it appeared still to be reconnecting (Red light on, internet light on slow flash). On previous occasions it has been back up after 1-2hours max.

I called Helpline who said it would definitely reconnect after a few more hours...it didn't.

I tried once again just now, and saw the constant red light and flashing internet light as above. This time it again showed solid red and slow flash internet lightfor a few seconds, then there was a flashing red light and orange handset and connection light (listed in instructions as "Can't access Vodafone system"), before returning to solid red and slow flashing internet light.

I see in these forums that Vodafone sometimes needs to resync at their end somehow...is that what I need here?

The Helpline always seems to say "Call back in a few hours"...I get nowhere

My serial number is 42153636057

I'd appreciate your help please.

Thanks

SB

3 REPLIES 3

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Stephen1950 – I’m sorry to hear this isn’t working.

I’ve checked your serial number and everything looks fine, but I’ve resynced this for you today. Please leave the Sure Signal plugged in for six hours to make sure everything updates.

If this still isn’t working after 24 hours, please try the following:

Reboot your router/modem:

1. Turn off your router or modem at the wall for 10 seconds and then turn it back on
  2. Wait for the lights on your modem/router to indicate that an internet connection has been established
  3. Press the reset button on the Sure Signal

Check that your Sure Signal has been assigned an internal IP address by your router:

The Sure Signal must be assigned an internal IP address by your router. If your router supports DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), this must be enabled as doing so will enable the router to assign an IP address to your Sure Signal automatically.
For more instructions on how to do this, please check your router manual or contact your ISP or router manufacturer.

If your router or network configuration doesn’t allow DHCP, you’ll need to assign a static IP address to your Sure Signal's MAC Address by using your router's configuration panel. Please contact your ISP or router manufacturer for instructions on how to do this. The MAC address can be found on the sticker at the back of the Sure Signal.

Many thanks Jenny for your very prompt and helpful reply..... All good now and back to normal.

SB

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That's great @Stephen1950 - thanks for letting me know. :Smiling: